• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action # 1 Coverless on Comicconnect.

68 posts in this topic

Vintage comic newsprint feels different than a newer comic that has been aged via heat. Guess someone could cut up a Superman #1 to parse out loose incomplete Action #1, 2, 3, 4 vintage :devil: pages.

Pics have been added.

It looks pretty rough (brittle), but its still an Action 1......

act17005a.jpg

act17005b.jpg

This sure does make Roy's copy of Superman #1 appear all the more attractive.

Take the 2/3 piece of the front cover that sold a while back, mix it in with the single wraps Comiclink has previously sold plus the single wraps they are auctioning in August and then add in this roadkill about to be auctioned off by Comicconnect and presto you will have the ultimate Frankenbook of Action #1 :devil:

Really interested to see what this Action 1 goes for.

Most would never touch a book in this shape. But it is an Action 1 (what's left anyway :grin: )

A nice (Cream or better PQ) complete coverless would fetch around say 25K-60K , especially if a person with a near complete copy needed a wrap or a centerold.

The one available is missing a bunch and is brittle, but still an Action 1. I wonder hm

Also curious to see how this will affect the Action 1 pages being auctioned off over at Clink. hm

Really interested to see what this Action 1 goes for.

Most would never touch a book in this shape. But it is an Action 1 (what's left anyway :grin: )

A nice (Cream or better PQ) complete coverless would fetch around say 25K-60K , especially if a person with a near complete copy needed a wrap or a centerold.

The one available is missing a bunch and is brittle, but still an Action 1. I wonder hm

Also curious to see how this will affect the Action 1 pages being auctioned off over at Clink. hm

I think it's too much at once.

You've heard Gator talk about supply and demand and while whatever supply that is made available will never be enough to meet the demand, offering multiple (even incomplete) pieces at the same time will distribute some of that demand amongst the multiple pieces offered.

If there was just the coverless/incomplete copy, all of those interested in Action #1 would enter a bidding war amongst each other to walk away with it. I imagine that some of those potential bidders might opt instead to go for the more affordable (and perhaps more likely) alternative in one of the Action #1 wraps.

This to me might be good news for those interested parties who hope to own a true piece of history. :cloud9: