• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't place this image... a swipe?

13 posts in this topic

It's kind of an iconic pose so there are probably a whole bunch of covers with a similar look. I'll see if I can come up with any later.

It's kind of an iconic pose so there are probably a whole bunch of covers with a similar look. I'll see if I can come up with any later.

What part do you see the swipe? The pose itself is a generic action figure pose popularized by Jack Kirby, and is now part of the language of superhero comics. Perhaps you've seen the pose in a Bowen statue??

I could swear I've seen that image so exact it looked like it could be traced. I could be wrong, but hopefully someone recognizes it.

What part do you see the swipe? The pose itself is a generic action figure pose popularized by Jack Kirby, and is now part of the language of superhero comics. Perhaps you've seen the pose in a Bowen statue??

I could swear I've seen that image so exact it looked like it could be traced. I could be wrong, but hopefully someone recognizes it.

It is a generic pose. If you look through some of the early F.F. covers there are alot of similar poses on the covers.

http://www.comiccovers.com/

DRX