• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$5,000,000 comic book!

57 posts in this topic

What makes these books more rare than other GA books? (shrug)
gary and mark own them all and won't share lol
:roflmao:

I just want to know why they so rare.

just that very few copies were printed back in the days...ashcans were used to secure naming rights/copyrights of comics...so, they didn't produce them for "mass consumption"

they only need to print a few copies

Trademarks :makepoint::gossip:

Otherwise Gator is basically correct.

Not all were even "printed". More like hand-stitched together.

Actually what makes them rare is the fact that they ARE rare. Most ashcans have a population of just a few copies. Some are unique.

They are rare in every sense of the term, and because they are so rare, it's been difficult for a true market to develop. Because they change hands so infrequently prices can vary widely.

Clearly $2 million or $5 million is a crazy price, but more than a few ashcans have traded in the $25,000 to $90,000 range. I expect some of the most important titles to crack the $100,000 price point sometime in the next 2-5 years.

gary and mark own them all and won't share lol
:roflmao:

I just want to know why they so rare.

just that very few copies were printed back in the days...ashcans were used to secure naming rights/copyrights of comics...so, they didn't produce them for "mass consumption"

they only need to print a few copies

Trademarks :makepoint::gossip:

Otherwise Gator is basically correct.

Not all were even "printed". More like hand-stitched together.

trademarks...I knew there was a "word" to describe it lol

I expect some of the most important titles to crack the $100,000 price point sometime in the next 2-5 years.

Probably most of mine. :whee:

Where's the skeptical, wishful thinking, "raised eyebrow" emoticon?

This one is pretty close... meh

I expect some of the most important titles to crack the $100,000 price point sometime in the next 2-5 years.

Probably most of mine. :whee:

Where's the skeptical, wishful thinking, "raised eyebrow" emoticon?

This one is pretty close... meh

You're just jealous that your copies won't be worth as much as mine. :P

You guys can "buy" each others ashcans for ridiculously inflated prices (which magically and coincidentally add up to identical totals), report those "sales" to GPA, then turn around and "sell" them back to each other for an even higher total.

VIOLA! New "corroborated" value thresholds for the whole ashcan niche market (thumbs u

You guys can "buy" each others ashcans for ridiculously inflated prices (which magically and coincidentally add up to identical totals), report those "sales" to GPA, then turn around and "sell" them back to each other for an even higher total.

VIOLA! New "corroborated" value thresholds for the whole ashcan niche market (thumbs u

:kidaround:

:kidaround:

dam... thats actually a feasible possibiltiy.

Sounds like a "Who's on First" bit!

Actually what makes them rare is the fact that they ARE rare. Most ashcans have a population of just a few copies. Some are unique.

They are rare in every sense of the term, and because they are so rare, it's been difficult for a true market to develop. Because they change hands so infrequently prices can vary widely.

It's 1870-S half dime syndrome!

Yeah, I know, a coinee reference......

Actually, it is a legit sale. The owner contacted me earlier this year to discuss ashcans.

This is a joke in satirical reference to something else, right? Or are you serious? Please tell me you're not serious.

Well, I should clarify my comment to say it is a "legit" FOR SALE effort, so far as I know. I have not personally confirmed it. All I can say is that the guy contacted me asking about ashcans. Some folks don't scan items in themselves and simply grab other scans. I presume that is what happened here.

No sales of course at those prices.

In fact, I'll sell my copies, which I think are CGC 9.4 (Flash) and CGC 9.6s (5 Cent & Nickel) for $3,000,000 and $1,000,000 each, respectively!!! Total steal of a price! :whistle:

Actually, it is a legit sale. The owner contacted me earlier this year to discuss ashcans.

This is a joke in satirical reference to something else, right? Or are you serious? Please tell me you're not serious.

Well, I should clarify my comment to say it is a "legit" FOR SALE effort, so far as I know. I have not personally confirmed it. All I can say is that the guy contacted me asking about ashcans. Some folks don't scan items in themselves and simply grab other scans. I presume that is what happened here.

In fact, I'll sell my copies, which I think are CGC 9.4 (Flash) and CGC 9.6s (5 Cent & Nickel) for $3,000,000 and $1,000,000 each, respectively!!! Total steal of a price! :whistle:

Would you settle for a low ball offer of $3,700,000.00 as a package deal? hm

Would you settle for a low ball offer of $3,700,000.00 as a package deal? hm

hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhm

Sure, why not, that's fair! You :takeit:

:whee::ohnoez::whee::ohnoez:

Moondog is going to be sooooo jealous. :gossip: