• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck sells RED RAVEN #1 Mile High Copy and more

145 posts in this topic

The Red Raven 1 looks to be a 9.4 grade.

That's what I thought the label read. There's no 9.4 in the census (the 9.6 Spirit 22 was there), but it may not have shown up yet (shrug)

I've noticed lags on many books not showing up on GPA recently. Many Comiclink auction results still have not posted from the past two auctions.

Does the seller have to report the sales or does Comiclink do it for them?

According to the census, there are two copies of Red Raven #1 graded at 9.0. It's difficult to tell from Chuck's photo, but it looks like the Church copy could be one of the 9.0's.

Metro had a Red Raven 9.0 for sale at Wizard World Chicago in 2008. (I know it's hard to see in this terrible photo, but it is a blue label 9.0.)

If the Red Raven is "only" a 9.0, then there's no chance in hell of these books hitting $1 million. They'd probably do well to even reach mid-6 figures.

When Metropolis had the RR#1 CGC 9.0 for sale a little over a year ago they noted in the listing that it was the best existing copy and that the Mile High RR#1 owned by Chuck was in the VF range. Steven I'm sure has seen it.

I haven't checked the census, but the posted photo on page 1 with Chuck looks like the MH graded at least a 9.0 . Just speculation but it was probably an 8.0 or 8.5 raw and pressed into a 9.0.

At least this is what Metro was advertising at the time of sale...

Red Raven is a hard book to judge. Some love it, some not so much. Timely completest may be happy with their lower grade copy and not want to pony up the crazy money for the highest graded copy. I hope this doesn't become one of the many "comics without a home" books that we see year after year playing the auction circuit.

That's what I thought the label read. There's no 9.4 in the census (the 9.6 Spirit 22 was there), but it may not have shown up yet (shrug)

I've noticed lags on many books not showing up on GPA recently. Many Comiclink auction results still have not posted from the past two auctions.

CLink doesn't report sales numbers to GPA

Interesting. I did not know that. Kind of explains why I noticed so many sales not reported doh!

Thanks for the information Watcher.

Interesting. I did not know that. Kind of explains why I noticed so many sales not reported doh!

They don't call him The Watcher for nothing!

They don't call him The Watcher for nothing!

Indeed! (thumbs u

lol

This is an epic case of misjudging the future. I can just see Chuckles sitting at a table with two books.

"Well, Prince Valiant has been around longer, and he has a more renowned artist. I think I'll hold onto this one and let the Action 1 go."

:roflmao: (thumbs u

I love his salesmanship! He doesn't hype the value of any of the comics, just the fact that they are Church copies.

Doesn't matter what they are in particular, $1 million + please!

:applause:

That's the old school way to sell Mile High books! (thumbs u

hm, the label really looks like 9.4

Maybe Chuck has discovered that the same machine used for drying leaves also works on pressing books.

hm