• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck's Cashing Out

232 posts in this topic

Chuck formed a protective phalanx :o:grin:

Excerpt from Chuck's San Diego report:

"In other news, I created a really cool event yesterday (or at least I thought it was cool...), where we had William Murakami and Bill Daniel fly in from our Denver warehouse with the my best Edgar Church collection comics in locked black briefcases. I had them also bring police issue handcuffs, dark glasses, and wear their jet black Mile High Comics jackets that I had embroidered especially for the show. Six of us from Mile High then met them at the front door of the convention center (in identical outfits), and we formed a protective phalanx around them. My original plan had been for us to just go directly to the secure showcase that we had set up in our booth, but the producer of the Morgan Spurlock documentary in which I am participating requested that we march through the entire Golden Age pavilion area. I had some misgivings about doing this, as it is really easy to look like some ! sort of pompous insufficiently_thoughtful_person with that kind of a stunt, but I spoke with most of the dealers on the aisle we were filming, and they were all quite nice about it. The photo tells the rest of the story."

Must be some photo :grin:

sdcc072210.jpg

So whose the lady walking with Chuck?

Because there are six total people walking with Chuck and you single out the woman, you, sir, are a hornball. :insane: I'm guessing she's an employee like the others...

On the other hand, she looks a little bit like him, so it could be his daughter. (shrug)

Because there are six total people walking with Chuck and you single out the woman, you, sir, are a hornball. :insane: I'm guessing she's an employee like the others...

On the other hand, she looks a little bit like him, so it could be his daughter. (shrug)

I believe that it is chuck's new "protege"... but she really needs to learn to pull her pants up (they seemed to rest "low") (shrug)

She is pretty

:gossip:

I like her pair of

sunglasses. ;)

"In other news, I created a really cool event yesterday (or at least I thought it was cool...), where we had William Murakami and Bill Daniel fly in from our Denver warehouse with the my best Edgar Church collection comics in locked black briefcases. I had them also bring police issue handcuffs, dark glasses, and wear their jet black Mile High Comics jackets that I had embroidered especially for the show. Six of us from Mile High then met them at the front door of the convention center (in identical outfits), and we formed a protective phalanx around them. My original plan had been for us to just go directly to the secure showcase that we had set up in our booth, but the producer of the Morgan Spurlock documentary in which I am participating requested that we march through the entire Golden Age pavilion area. I had some misgivings about doing this, as it is really easy to look like some ! sort of pompous insufficiently_thoughtful_person with that kind of a stunt, but I spoke with most of the dealers on the aisle we were filming, and they were all quite nice about it. The photo tells the rest of the story."

sdcc072210.jpg

I saw them walk through the GA/SA pavilion and it was quite funny as Chuck strolled by with a rather serious look on his face, forming the protective phalanx, strutting with a camera crew with lights, mics, etc backing up in front of them as they were filming the entire procession.

Looked like a movie set as they strolled through.

sdcc072210.jpg

She looks like Lisbeth Salander.

She looks like Lisbeth Salander.

Great, all of our bank accounts will be emptied by the end of the day...

I'm in the middle of the 3rd book :headbang:

Daniel Craig just cast as the lead in the American version of the films. I was happy to hear that they're filming in Sweden. I was worried they'd change it to NY or something.