• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago ComicCon (Wizard World) Forum Dinner?

24 posts in this topic

With the great and affable Flying Donut skipping Chicago this year, the Forum Dinner has been left in limbo. So over the weekend, klozd24seven and I started talking about picking up the reins. Thing is, neither one of us is too keen on doing all of the legwork in tracking down enough people to come; it was this aspect that led me to hand off the job to Donut following the 2005 dinner, and Brad is going to have his hands full manning his booth to do much herding of you cats. So we're left with a predicament: Do we or do we not set up this year's forum dinner?

This is where you all come in. Simply post a yay or nay if you would be willing to attend a forum dinner at Gibson's (right across the street from the convention center) on the Saturday of the show (August 21) AND be willing to prepay via Paypal the $75 cost. If we get about 40 "yay"s, you win and we'll do the dinner. Otherwise ...

Of course, if anyone wants to take the reins themselves, feel free. Brad and I have no qualms about passing this task off to someone more willing to do the necessary legwork.

Ball's in your court guys. Yay or nay?

Alan

I'm only in if there's an 80's hair band theme.

:grin:

I could go for some Whitesnake, RATT and Def Leppard..... (thumbs u

I'll bring the Dokken CD catalogue.

Ugh. Guys, we're trying to draw people to the dinner, not push them away! :grin:

That being said, I will be sure to have an extensive catalog of hair metal on my iPhone for the dinner. Listening to it, of course, will be optional.

Alan, I took it upon myself to cross-post this in General for more people to see and chime in (thumbs u
better to cross-post than cross dress....