• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Batman Neal Adams Book in stores tomorrow

90 posts in this topic

1278559363_cvr.jpg

Is a bullet about to lobotomize him?

I know this is a nit, but does it look like Batman's teeth are not aligned correctly with the rest of his mouth? It's like his top teeth are shifted more to the left than the rest of his face...

Try getting hit by a few bullets,lets see how your mouth looks. lol

At that angle, wouldn't the bullet exit above the ulna? hm

it's a funny book :gossip:

one would think with all his money he could afford a kevlar body suit/gloves...though i suppose if those are steel tipped bullets or something maybe it wouldn't do any good

1278559363_cvr.jpg

Is a bullet about to lobotomize him?

I know this is a nit, but does it look like Batman's teeth are not aligned correctly with the rest of his mouth? It's like his top teeth are shifted more to the left than the rest of his face...

Thomas and Martha died before they thought he was old enough for braces. Alfred, well he's british and you know how they are about dental care...

:signfunny:

:jokealert:

I thought about getting this. I was in State College, PA for the annual arts festival and there is a comic shop I always stop at. They had about 7 copies (and a pencil sketch edition for 20.00) I looked at it and was underwhelmed so I put it back.

Is it just me or do modern books come across as dark and dreary?

Am I the only one that didn't care for this book?

I mean compared to his earlier stuff this look like a book full of

rushed sketches and bad inks.

The story was so, so...

I just wasn't very thrilled.

:sorry:

I took me a while after putting it down for it to register why I didn't care for it...

Mr. Adams had cast Roger Moore as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Gone was the dark, humorless, brooding, hyper-serious character slowly developed across multiple years and multiple titles. Hello, Roger Moore...or at least that kind of wink-at-the-camera attitude and campy swagger.

Am I the only one that didn't care for this book?

I mean compared to his earlier stuff this look like a book full of

rushed sketches and bad inks.

The story was so, so...

I just wasn't very thrilled.

:sorry:

I didn't like it. I thought the writing was awful to be honest, and some of the artwork was just as bad. Some of the panels were gorgeous, but there was no fluidity to the book and it was a struggle to keep interested.

I may give issue #2 a try, but I don't see me on board for the whole series.

There's a thread in modern discussing this too, but the answer is no, you're not the only one.

I expect a whole lot more story for a $4.00 book. Frankly, I found the story unmotivated and boring. Adams art alone just didn't carry it for me.

I am surprised there isn`t any more buzz about this, after all it`s Neal Adams drawing inside a Batman comic for the first time in over 30 years! This is what comics are about! :cool:

Maybe if he drew it in the style he drew those Batman books 30-40 years ago, there would be more buzz. The cover to that book looks like it should have the Continuity Comics logo on it :P

It's exactly what I was so concerned about, a comic that feels like nothing more than re-branded Continuity product, which had stories so bad that not even excellent art could keep you interested in making it through to the end of the book.

I don't like the new art style - as with many here I don't think it's a patch on his classic 60s / 70s work at all. Some of it feels too much like static advertising art rather than dynamic sequential art, which is exactly how I feel about the Batmobile page shown earlier in the thread.

I had hoped things would change because of the transition to DC but I'm finding his new work very disappointing indeed, and I can only hope it gets better as the mini-series progresses. :(