• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Batman Neal Adams Book in stores tomorrow

90 posts in this topic

I am surprised there isn`t any more buzz about this, after all it`s Neal Adams drawing inside a Batman comic for the first time in over 30 years! This is what comics are about! :cool:

Shocking as it may seem, there are probably quite a few younger collectors that do know/care who Neal Adams is. They like Jim Lee.

Also, that $4 cover price will probably keep some poeple away from it. I won't be buying it.

I am surprised there isn`t any more buzz about this, after all it`s Neal Adams drawing inside a Batman comic for the first time in over 30 years! This is what comics are about! :cool:

Shocking as it may seem, there are probably quite a few younger collectors that do know/care who Neal Adams is. They like Jim Lee.

Also, that $4 cover price will probably keep some poeple away from it. I won't be buying it.

Agreed on both counts.

I wonder how many 9.8+ SS copies well see in the coming months? This book alone should keep the CGC SS cottage industry going for at least another 6 months.

hm

I will be buying and submitting. I already have about 20 books for Neal to sign, I will gladly add this run. (thumbs u

Poor CGC booth is gonna be cracking like 10 slabs for me when next we meet :devil:

This series will introduce Neal's work to a whole generation of newer fans that don't know about his older classic SA/BA stuff. Look for demand and prices on 60s and 70s Adams Batman books to surge as word of mouth on this long overdue series picks up. I feel like a kid again actually getting excited about a new modern purchase. I hope you skeptics at least give it a try. Neal Adams is back doing what he was born to do: illustrate Batman. I'm practically wetting my pants. :whee:

I'll be picking one up just to read it. I can't imagine the print run of this will be so small that this book will become valuable and in demand......but I'm always interested in a good Batman story.

I'll pick it up on principle--long time since I last picked up a new Neal Adams book (Deathwatch 2000 15 years ago in the run-up to the aborted Valeria/Spawn crossover).

Although, I have to say his cover for All-Star Superman # 1 looks far superior to this one.