• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragon Con 2010 - Accepting Submissions!!!

642 posts in this topic

Yep, that's definitely Paul Smith of X-men fame. ;)

Consider your spots saved, Sean. (thumbs u

As for Lost, I know Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) was at NYCC doing a signing last year. He also wanted to check out the floor but didn't want to be bothered by fans, so he went around wearing a mask. Fit right in. lol Other than that, I know Michelle Rodriguez did a show late last year.

A couple points have been raised via PM and I thought I'd put it here in the thread.

1) We'll be able to handle getting hardcovers and tpb's signed by comic creators. We're asking $5 per signature + shipping on these. Since I'm driving, transporting them shouldn't be a problem. :)

2) Yes, we will be able to crack open your yellow-label books and add signatures to them if you'd like.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us. (thumbs u

You may have missed this from the first page:

The prices for Stan Lee sigs for Dragon Con have yet to be set. We'll keep this thread updated as soon as we hear anything. I'm anticipating not hearing anything about it until after SDCC in a few weeks.

Hey guys, looking forward to this show!!

I was out of town for a couple of days, so if you sent me a PM regarding Dragon Con,

I'm sorry for the delay, and I will be responding to them this morning.

Adam, Chris, and I look forward to working with you! :)

--Steve

Mark Bagley just announced for Dragon Con.

:cloud9:

Is he the guy that did Spider-Man. Lots of complaining about him on these here boards.

I don't recall anyone complaining about Bagley, at least not in the Signature Room.

I don't recall it either. I do prefer his work on Ultimate Spidey over his previous Spidey stuff. He just seemed to develop his own style on that book.

There have been some serious Bagley bashers, especially in the Copper Age room. I loved his Thunderbolts work. I thought his style was perfect for the book.

Really? Huh. I mean, his stuff on ASM was kind of bland, but nothing worth getting up in arms about, much akin to Erik Larsen's work on the title. Not bad, but nothing mind-blowing. But that was also earlier in his career. Now his USM? He owned Spider-Man in that title, and frankly, he created a definitive Spider-Man style in the title in a similar way McFarlane created a style of Spider-Man. So for me? Bagley is one of those definitive Spidey artists who left his mark on the character.

2c

I like Bagley's ASM work. However, it think there's a lot of sentiment tied to it.

Fun Fact about Peter Palmer #41 - The first Amazing Spider-man comic I ever read was issue #386...the Life Theft arc by Michelinie and Bagley.

For some reason, ASM was the best after I read that issue and it quickly became my favorite Marvel title. :cloud9:

AmazingSpider-Man386.jpg