• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Long Before...

146 posts in this topic

...all of the nice copies of vintage books will be 'defaced' and in a CGC SS case? I'm seeing more and more key high grade SA and BA books getting signed and slabbed everyday. I'm not such a fan of signatures. I kind of prefer them on lower grade books if I do get them.

Do you think the supply of higher grade copies will be used up this way, and if so, do you think the remaining unsigned copies will begin to demand a premium over the signed copies?

I wonder. hm

...all of the nice copies of vintage books will be 'defaced' and in a CGC SS case? I'm seeing more and more key high grade SA and BA books getting signed and slabbed everyday. I'm not such a fan of signatures. I kind of prefer them on lower grade books if I do get them.

Do you think the supply of higher grade copies will be used up this way, and if so, do you think the remaining unsigned copies will begin to demand a premium over the signed copies?

I wonder. hm

Different strokes for different folks. I agree with you though. It's a waste of a SA key. IMO

I wonder. hm

Different strokes for different folks. I agree with you though. It's a waste of a SA key. IMO

Agreed. :sumo:

I have NOTHING against the CGC SS. I'm just wondering about how it's being used in regards to high grade pre-COPPER keys. I for one would rather have an ASM #122 in the 5.0ish range in SS slab, and keep the 9.2s and higher clean.

More importantly, will unsigned copies become the rarity and therefore demand more $$$ in a given grade. Right now it's the opposite with CGC SS books. Sigs demand a premium.

I still don't get the in before the lock thing....

I have NOTHING against the CGC SS. I'm just wondering about how it's being used in regards to high grade pre-COPPER keys. I for one would rather have an ASM #122 in the 5.0ish range in SS slab, and keep the 9.2s and higher clean.

More importantly, will unsigned copies become the rarity and therefore demand more $$$ in a given grade. Right now it's the opposite with CGC SS books. Sigs demand a premium.

There's 442 9.2 and up Blues and only 6 SS of ASM 122.

How long before artists stop signing for free because CGC SS has turned into a cottage industry for some? The rampant resale of autographs given for free has killed "free" autographs in just about every other area of autograph collecting... how long before it hits comics?

hm

There's 442 9.2 and up Blues and only 6 SS of ASM 122.

Then I've seen all 6 ASM #122s here the last week or so, or so it seems.

How long before artists stop signing for free because CGC SS has turned into a cottage industry for some? The rampant resale of autographs given for free has killed "free" autographs in just about every other area of autograph collecting... how long before it hits comics?

hm

some of the artists are getting paid to sign the books though. :gossip:

Is this thread going to be locked because I'm wondering if a CGC book will be worth less than a raw one?

I was just joking because this was a pretty hot topic when it was discussed last time...about 4 weeks ago.

lol

Carry on, just pulling your chain Canuck.

(thumbs u

Is this thread going to be locked because I'm wondering if a CGC book will be worth less than a raw one?

I was just joking because this was a pretty hot topic when it was discussed last time...about 4 weeks ago.

lol

(thumbs u

It was discussed? I'll look it up. And I thought this was seriously a taboo subject for a moment. :o

lol

(thumbs u

It was discussed? I'll look it up. And I thought this was seriously a taboo subject for a moment. :o

The discussion of Sig Series books is a pretty well discussed subject. Some people are violently opposed to the "defacement" of vintage books, others love Sig Series.

Some people avoid any type of marking on a book at all (dist ink, date stamps or writing).

Personally, I like distributor markings as they are a reminder of the day the book his the world.

Lots of opinions in between as well.

(thumbs u

If there needs to be a sig, I prefer it on the inside page as opposed to the cover...but that's just me.