• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Long Before...

146 posts in this topic

What happened to signing the splash page?

Some still do.... ;)

001SSSTARWARS.jpg

1ff211ss.jpg

Nice.I have one interior sig book.Not as nice as your high grades.I got it signed inside because I was worried someone might sign over Cap's face. :eek:

avg4ss-1.jpg[/

Now this is cool. Totally for it. But you're right...a nice big thick black sharpie scribble over caps face would be terrible.

Nice.I have one interior sig book.Not as nice as your high grades.I got it signed inside because I was worried someone might sign over Cap's face. :eek:

avg4ss-1.jpg[/

The great part about your book is that if you ever decided you wanted to crack it out & read it/check out the sigs....the book could still be resubbed for a blue label with the same grade. (thumbs u

avg4ss-1.jpg[/

The great part about your book is that if you ever decided you wanted to crack it out & read it/check out the sigs....the book could still be resubbed for a blue label with the same grade. (thumbs u

See, and that is why I like it. It leaves options open to both groups of people.

(thumbs u

What does happen if you crack and resub a SS book?

What does happen if you crack and resub a SS book?

In the absence of an authorized SS witness, the book would be reslabbed with a green qualified label.

One also has the option of requesting a blue label & having the book downgraded for the writing on the cover. Not sure if a 4.5 would drop in grade or not, but I doubt too many people would want a blue label book with a signature on the cover that couldn't be proven to be authentic.

One of the requirements for a book in my collection is no name on the cover. :sorry:

So no Larson Actions in your collection I guess? :baiting:

Jim

That is correct! :grin:

One thing I don't understand is why noone gets their SS books signed on the cover in pencil? Why are sharpies the tool of choice? Why not a soft tip pencil instead? (shrug)

Like a grease pencil?

One thing I don't understand is why noone gets their SS books signed on the cover in pencil? Why are sharpies the tool of choice? Why not a soft tip pencil instead? (shrug)

Like a grease pencil?

More like an HB

Like a grease pencil?

More like an HB

I would be worried that it would dig into the paper and hurt the grade.

Like a grease pencil?

More like an HB

Supa-soft tip? (shrug)

Like a grease pencil?

I was more thinking invisible ink and you could use the Captain Crunch decoder if you really wanted to see the sig!

Like a grease pencil?

I was more thinking invisible ink and you could use the Captain Crunch decoder if you really wanted to see the sig!

Interesting idea. CGC could sell special glasses that would let you see the inviso ink. Like the Ben Franklin glasses in National Treasure. You may be on to something.

Like a grease pencil?

Now we're talkin'! :headbang:

Like a grease pencil?

Interesting idea. CGC could sell special glasses that would let you see the inviso ink. Like the Ben Franklin glasses in National Treasure. You may be on to something.

I think this was Roy's "change in direction". we may be late to the party!

Like a grease pencil?

More like an HB

Supa-soft tip? (shrug)

hm