• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con!

65 posts in this topic

SWEET!! I heard Tim sold the show and it will now be moved BACK to Tampa where it belongs.

Thank jeebus. I've only been to one since it was moved over to the other side.

Hopefully more guests can be brought in.

I just sent off my check for a dealer's table at next month's Tampa show....I'll have several new Bronze/Copper collections that I'll be blowing out as dollar books. This will be the first time that they've been at a show, so if you need anything from 1976-1990, bring your wantlists and a handful of cash. (thumbs u

Sounds great. Do you have a sign or anything to recognize you? I stopped going to the show because I got sick of flipping through the same exact books every 3-4 months over and over. If there's some fresh stuff there, I'm down.

I just sent off my check for a dealer's table at next month's Tampa show....I'll have several new Bronze/Copper collections that I'll be blowing out as dollar books. This will be the first time that they've been at a show, so if you need anything from 1976-1990, bring your wantlists and a handful of cash. (thumbs u

Sounds great. Do you have a sign or anything to recognize you? I stopped going to the show because I got sick of flipping through the same exact books every 3-4 months over and over. If there's some fresh stuff there, I'm down.

We can do the Secret Forum handshake.

simpsons_handshake.jpg

SWEET!! I heard Tim sold the show and it will now be moved BACK to Tampa where it belongs.

Thank jeebus. I've only been to one since it was moved over to the other side.

Hopefully more guests can be brought in.

You're quite welcome sir!

Okay guys, as best as I can figure I'm going to have about 7-8 longboxes of very high grade material, predominantly from the 70s-80s. Average age of the books offered is probably 28-30 years old (around 1980, very few items from the 90s), and average grade is probably 9.2/9.4.

Some notables include:

- Longbox of high grade Bronze books.

- Longbox of high grade Copper Spideys.

- Longbox of high grade Star Comics (Ewoks, Droids, Thundercats, etc. etc...when do you ever see these for sale?)

- Longbox of high grade assorted Copper Marvels (Mini-series, Limited Series, etc).

- Longbox of high grade 80s independents.

...and a bunch more stuff that isn't even organized yet (Miller Daredevils, Transformers, G.I. Joes, FFs, Zeck Captain Americas, again, all high grade).

Discounts will be given to Forum members who stop by and identify themselves. Discounts start at 25% for Forum members, and go up to 50% depending on how much you are willing to buy.

I'll also post a little cross-section of books that I'll be bringing to give you an idea of what's available. If its not marked with a price, its going to be $3.

For the record, there are going to be plenty of 9.6/9.8 type candidates in these boxes if you're looking for submission worthy books. When I buy OO collections, I generally go through and pick out what I want and sell off the rest...I probably only screen 5% of my books for submission, so there are plenty of nice books left.

These books represent the last five years of dollar box diving and OO collections I've come across and are being made available at this show for the first time.

We should have this gentleman amp up our Tampa Bay Comic Con after-party:

If this fine gentleman is there, we are there. Pinky swear.

:sumo:

Discounts will be given to Forum members who stop by and identify themselves. Discounts start at 25% for Forum members, and go up to 50% depending on how much you are willing to buy.

Sweet. So again, I ask..... how would one find you? Will you be wearing a turkey costume?

I can't go up to every dealer butt first, bent over with my hand extended between my legs. I'll probably get kicked out pretty fast. For 25% off I guess I'll try it though......

I hope this is the start of something new. I would love to see a nationwide network of comic cons without all the other distractions, run by dealers and collectors and not Hollywood.

If dealers travelled together on a big enough circuit in a cost efficient manner it probably could be smaller but still profitable.

Well, I had hoped to do a preview for tomorow's show, but such as it is, I'm going to be working all day today just to get ready.

Stop by tomorrow if you are there. Again, look for the big guy in the Sehawks jersey. (thumbs u

An interesting show. I thought it was a decent size, lots of guests. Nothing much there for me. For my 4 hours of driving I spent $12 at the show. It got me out of the house for a while at least.

What were you looking for exactly? I sold mainly trades and moved 5 + boxes of material. I thought it was a great show in terms of turnout, despite the heavy downpour. I know Earl Shaw was set up there and if I had been there as a customer I would have picked up a good amount from him as he had some sweet deals in his $5 boxes.

Was Earl Shaw the guy with the $1 and $5 boxes across from the artists? There were some good books in there. Wish I would've hit those $5 boxes first. I pulled out a few nice Iron Fists that I needed and an ASM or 2.

JiveMoFoTurkey, looking back through your posts, I bought from you, but I didn't see the Seahawks jersey. I'm the dork who picked up the sweet ASM 136, Killing Joke and a few other things. I'll say what's up at the next con (if I make it).

I hadn't gone to this con in a long while. It seemed like there was much less modern stuff there this time. The bargain boxes seemed to have alot more 70s books (which was surprising).

Was it me or were Yancy St. and Read More both not there?

I'm hoping the FX show is a good one. I'd like to find some $5 trade booths and some $1 modern boxes like at Megacon.

I wasn't looking for anything in particular. I collect 99% slabbed books, mostly undergrounds and independents on top of that. And I am incredibly picky. If I bought everything I saw for $1, $3, whatever I would have come out with a bunch of stuff. I just don't have the room anymore. I brought money for the off chance I would actually spend it.

Yancy St. was there buying books. I am pretty sure no booth though.

Was Earl Shaw the guy with the $1 and $5 boxes across from the artists? There were some good books in there. Wish I would've hit those $5 boxes first. I pulled out a few nice Iron Fists that I needed and an ASM or 2.

JiveMoFoTurkey, looking back through your posts, I bought from you, but I didn't see the Seahawks jersey. I'm the dork who picked up the sweet ASM 136, Killing Joke and a few other things. I'll say what's up at the next con (if I make it).

I hadn't gone to this con in a long while. It seemed like there was much less modern stuff there this time. The bargain boxes seemed to have alot more 70s books (which was surprising).

Was it me or were Yancy St. and Read More both not there?

I'm hoping the FX show is a good one. I'd like to find some $5 trade booths and some $1 modern boxes like at Megacon.

Earl always has good stuff if you get there early. This time was no exception. Having him down the aisle from me was pretty much the Kiss of Death on my day. No big deal, I made up for it with some decent buys.

The Seahawks jersey went on later....sorry to have missed saying hi to you. Either way, you got a couple of good books on the cheap...I'll have more material at the next show, when I actually plan on having a display built.

There was a lot of 20-35 year old stuff in the room for $5 and under. Its a good bargain hunters and dollar bin type show, but I know Mike Miles did very well selling mid range stuff out of his boxes.

As for FX, the last two I went to were complete bombs, when you factor the two hour drive, the fairly steep admission, parking, etc. If you are looking for dollar fodder and TPBs, you should do alright though.