• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone use the 'Anything Points' system on eBay?

7 posts in this topic

I am signed up for it, but have never earned any points??? Obviously I don't know what the heck I am supposed to do 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I haven't earned any points either.

I think the idea is that a seller has to sign up to give away points on their auctions. If I understand it right, you can then give away 1 to 5 points per dollar someone bids on your auction IF they pay with PayPal. Each point is a penny. I guess the idea is to get some kind of promotional benefit on the auction. Just wondering if anyone had every tried this as a seller and if they thought the promotion was worth it. Also interested in buyers to see if anyone really cares about this and/or expends any extra effort to seek out auctions offering the points.

I think this Points business falls under the "There's no such thing as a free lunch" and have pretty much ignored it.

Dave H

Me too. Just out of curiousity I think I'll set up a couple of my auctions with this just to see what it does. It'll only cost me a nickel or so. What the heck.

I just set up a few auctions with points. It doesn't appear to do anything special when you do a generic 'CGC' search. The only indication that you are offering points is a small banner that is added very near the bottom of the page when you call up a specific auction. Doesn't really stand out in any way. I don't think this is worth it.

I am signed up for it, but have never earned any points??? Obviously I don't know what the heck I am supposed to do 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The exact same thing happened to me!!! I thought I would be able to buy stuff using it but I was SHOCKED to find that I have absolutely 0 points!! Damn ebay!