• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My time with #1

29 posts in this topic

Here's the clean scan of it. Coolest book in my collection.

RADA09E5201049_1197.jpg

Quick story - when Payette first had the Denvers, Joe Dungan and I had first shot so we sent Jim a short list and he promptly mailed us two boxes of comics (this was 25+ years ago).

For some unknown reason, we didn't ask for the FH books. :makepoint:

I still vividly recall being at Joe's house when the packages arrived - wow, wow, wow.

After all these years, I only have the Mystery Men 1 (Fox) and Amazing Adventure Funnies 1 (Centaur) left.

Jeff, I am VERY happy for you owning one of the coolest books in existence - well done, sir! :golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Quick story - when Payette first had the Denvers, Joe Dungan and I had first shot so we sent Jim a short list and he promptly mailed us two boxes of comics (this was 25+ years ago).

For some unknown reason, we didn't ask for the FH books. :makepoint:

I still vividly recall being at Joe's house when the packages arrived - wow, wow, wow.

After all these years, I only have the Mystery Men 1 (Fox) and Amazing Adventure Funnies 1 (Centaur) left.

Jeff, I am VERY happy for you owning one of the coolest books in existence - well done, sir! :golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

That is really cool that you had first crack at the books. What books did you get?

A class story with some class people. Great book Cheetah, congratulations! Thanks for sharing with the boardies Kelly. (thumbs u

Thanks for the kind words. :blush:

That is really cool that you had first crack at the books. What books did you get?

The Fox's and the one Centaur, I can't recall what Joe bought.

In those days of youth, we just didn't have much money to spend on comic books... :cry:

In those days of youth, we just didn't have much money to spend on comic books... :cry:

I bought four Denvers from Joe - Doc Savage 1, Rex Dexter 1, Miracle 1 and Rocket 1.

Have since sold all of them. The two Hillmans were outrageously nice. I miss them :cry:

I bought four Denvers from Joe - Doc Savage 1, Rex Dexter 1, Miracle 1 and Rocket 1.

Have since sold all of them. The two Hillmans were outrageously nice. I miss them :cry:

You're right - I now do recall those two Hillmans (a bit too oddball for me at the time so I wasn't that interested, an early dunce moment for me :P ).

Joe bought the Green Hornet 1 too, IIRC.

Those were sweet!!! :luhv: