• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First CGC submissions came back today!

31 posts in this topic

Here they are...a couple of surprises...

I thought the Iron Man 1 would come back higher like a 5.5 and the TOS 40 would be a 5.0 but overall I am very pleased.

img019.jpg

img020.jpg

img021.jpg

img022.jpg

a virgin submitter no longer (thumbs u

Very true!

I have about 6 more raw books that are worthy of being slabbed.

CGC delivered the books to me in 3 weeks and they came packaged really well.

I'm very happy with them!

Congrats. Regarding the fact that some of the books were graded slightly lower than expected is not unusual and should be viewed as a learning experience. Certain flaws will be punished more severely by CGC and it will benefit you to learn

and recognize these flaws. Example, while a nice book with a small water stain may look like an 8.0, it will be graded harshly by CGC. The good news is CGC is very consistent in their grading . Just an opinion, it's possible these books graded a little lower because of the Page Quality or possible tanning on the inside of the covers. Keep submitting and I guarantee you will get some surprises on the positive side also.

Very true!

before you sub them...post them here first so you get an idea if it will be worth it to spend money slabbing them. Like many, my first sub contained a few books that weren't worth the cost of slabbing them but I didn't know any better.

Very true!

before you sub them...post them here first so you get an idea if it will be worth it to spend money slabbing them. Like many, my first sub contained a few books that weren't worth the cost of slabbing them but I didn't know any better.

Thanks and yes...like the Spectacular Spiderman I posted at 8.5...it's not worth the money to slab it unless it was an 9.8 :makepoint:

Very true!

Thanks and yes...like the Spectacular Spiderman I posted at 8.5...it's not worth the money to slab it unless it was an 9.8 :makepoint:

So when is your sales thread. :baiting:

img022.jpg

Why?

Are you questioning why would I slab it? Well on hindsight I wouldn't have but my daughter and I both like this cover. Hey it has white pages and an 8.5. Why not? It's the only bronze age book I'll grade.

Are you questioning why would I slab it? Well on hindsight I wouldn't have but my daughter and I both like this cover. Hey it has white pages and an 8.5. Why not? It's the only bronze age book I'll grade.

You could probably buy a slabbed copy for less than the cost of slabbing.

You could probably buy a slabbed copy for less than the cost of slabbing.

Ok, I get it. :blahblah:

I slabbed it...it made me happy. What about the other books I slabbed? Do you approve of those? hm

Seriously... live and learn.

img022.jpg

Why?

Probably because 8.5s look really, really good.

Exactly, it's a really solid looking book with only small defects that bring it down.

It has white pages too. Anyway...I like it and that's all the matters. I'm not selling it.