• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Marvel Mystery Annual 128PG Timely Giant Club

84 posts in this topic

The heads-up is much appreciated, but wrong forum gents. :rulez:
Here's the correct one.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=21&PHPSESSID=

This is a cool book.

I predict $60K.

Wow, really? I was thinking about going after that book, Curious why you think so high?

I assuming more like a 30K, as it seems lower grades have gone for less over the past 2 years, than again, with the confusinf reprint canaidian one shot data, not sure what "exact" book, I'm comparing too

B

Here's the correct one.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=21&PHPSESSID=

This is a cool book.

I predict $60K.

Wow, really? I was thinking about going after that book, Curious why you think so high?

I assuming more like a 30K, as it seems lower grades have gone for less over the past 2 years, than again, with the confusinf reprint canaidian one shot data, not sure what "exact" book, I'm comparing too

B

and even at 30K I think you are high...25K max, is what I would think

Here's the correct one.

This is a cool book.

I predict $60K.

B

and even at 30K I think you are high...25K max, is what I would think

just not a big market for the book. i'm a timely guy, and have no interest in a copy whatsoever. i'm not alone among timely collectors on this point, either.

I must say I'm surprised Billy since it would be a perfect fit for your complete MMC run? However, cheap copies are tough to come by.

He must be having second thoughts about collecting comics at all. Just look, he just put the gem of his collection up for sale - no more "Hello Pal" pedigree for him. If he sold that off, what could be left?

in the pre-internet days, had multiple chances to buy it, as well as the cap issue, from cbg advertisers, and at prices way less than i was paying for other issues. neither were ever on my want-list.

I must say I'm surprised Billy since it would be a perfect fit for your complete MMC run? However, cheap copies are tough to come by.

He must be having second thoughts about collecting comics at all. Just look, he just put the gem of his collection up for sale - no more "Hello Pal" pedigree for him. If he sold that off, what could be left?

a very prescient man.

a very prescient man.

Who is the new "proud" owner Billy? :eek: This is a very important week in our hobby as you pass the torch of "Hello Pal".

[just not a big market for the book. i'm a timely guy, and have no interest in a copy whatsoever. i'm not alone among timely collectors on this point, either.

You would be missing out quite a lot. The clear b/w Timely art is tremendous in those "annuals". Much crisper than the colored version esp. if one collects original comic art. :headbang:

I heard that Sparkle City has already received a $50,000 offer on the annual, which was turned down because all books from this collection are going to be auctioned.

(I personally don't have a guess what it will sell for. Whenever you're talking about the highest graded copy of anything it is worth whatever the person with the deepest pockets is willing to spend)