• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is just beyond Stupid! Westboro Baptist go to Comic-Con.

91 posts in this topic

From

Comics Alliance

Fred Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church Headed to Comic-Con

Comic-Con goers, beware: The man who believes that god hates...well...everyone but his family, really, is headed to San Diego on July 22.

I'll do the Internet a favor and refrain from linking to Fred Phelps' official

Westboro Baptist Church site, but here's his church's case for making the trek to SDCC:

Are you kidding?! If these people would spend even some of the energy that they spend on these comic books, reading the Bible, well no high hopes here. They have turned comic book characters into idols, and worship them they do! Isaiah 2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made: 9 And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not. It is time to put away the silly vanities and turn to God like you mean it. The destruction of this nation is imminent - so start calling on Batman and Superman now, see if they can pull you from the mess that you have created with all your silly idolatry.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/07/09/fred-phelps-westboro-baptist-church-headed-to-comic-con/

After reading this I gotta say these people are completely off their rockers! :screwy:

Saavy (or crude, take your pick) publicity seekers who have got their publicity and then some. When I see and hear of this outfit I think they've gained the attention of the world and lost their souls. Some things are beyond repulsive to where ignoring seems to be the best option...but, wherever there's a camera and someone to witness and record this nonsense, there's some kind of story. :screwy:

All I can say is this guy is beyond crazy :screwy:

I think evil is the best description. What these monsters have done to military families is pure evil.

+a million (thumbs u

Won't a group of wild-eyed, placard waving, gibberish spouting imbeciles blend right in at SDCC? Most folks probably won't even realize these knuckleheads are there.