• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I miss the helmets...THOR & CAPTAIN AMERICA in 3-D.

59 posts in this topic

I'm not talking about that one. I'm talking about this one. FF 1994

I've seen it...horrible, yes, but better than nothing.

Sometimes, I'd rather have nothing than horrible, which is definitely the case in regards to that movie.

Sometimes, I'd rather have nothing than horrible, which is definitely the case in regards to that movie.

As a fan, it made me sit there and think "wow, now, if that scene had been done well and with an actual budget, then it would have been AWESOME!" Imagine my disappointment when Tim Story mostly left me wondering the same thing in many of his scenes... doh!

I agree. You wear a helmet to BATTLE... not inside the living quarters of Asgard.

Similarly, Kings and knights have different armor for different occasions.

Too many hasty decisions being made on a single photograph....

+1 - but i'd add a lot more comic book movies to the list: FF #1, FF #2, X-men #3, Spidey #3, DD, all Punishers, Ghost Rider, both Hulks, etc.

I agree. You wear a helmet to BATTLE... not inside the living quarters of Asgard.

Similarly, Kings and knights have different armor for different occasions.

Too many hasty decisions being made on a single photograph....

I don't think it's a hasty decision on my part, I'm just really tired of forking over my money to find out what hollywood has to done to another iconic character, be it from fine literature, pulp, or comic. I can only vote with my money, and by not becoming part of the herd that lines their pockets on opening day. Much like television, film is a medium that has degraded itself to pretty boring formula (just my opinion). So much potential, and so little delivery. Thor for me is a character that is absolutely tattooed into my mind from my youngest days of reading comics, and I don't want that image sullied. I'll listen to the reviews before I make a decision to see it, but I highly doubt I will be swayed.

I am definetely part of the target audience, but not one who has ever been convinced that bringing all of these comics to the big screen is a good idea. I would also argue that full battle regalia was always worn in asgard, who knows when the swarms of trolls would descend?

I would also argue that full battle regalia was always worn in asgard, who knows when the swarms of trolls would descend?

You would quit arguing this the first time you needed to have your morning post-coffee "constitutional" after having divested yourself of said full battle regalia.

Yeah but give it a chance. Would you prefer a totally CGI'd movie like Beowulf?

That's a really good question, I'm not sure Thor isn't one that could benefit from that kind of technology. I guess I've just got the twice burned, twice shy syndrome. I really want it to be a huge success, and a wonderful addition to the legacy. Only time will tell.

I would also argue that full battle regalia was always worn in asgard, who knows when the swarms of trolls would descend?

You would quit arguing this the first time you needed to have your morning post-coffee "constitutional" after having divested yourself of said full battle regalia.

There are no toilets in the marvel universe, or bodily orifices other than the mouth.

There are no toilets in the marvel universe, or bodily orifices other than the mouth.

Sounds like Leave It to Beaver. Where did Franklin Richards come from?

Sounds like Leave It to Beaver. Where did Franklin Richards come from?

Someone hasn't read the travesty that is Avengers #200...

+1 - but i'd add a lot more comic book movies to the list: FF #1, FF #2, X-men #3, Spidey #3, DD, all Punishers, Ghost Rider, both Hulks, etc.

At least those movies didn't have this grinning IDIOT in them

rob_schneider.jpg

Here is a hint, Not the monkey. :insane:

The inital look of the costumes does look silly ( :sick:) but I'm still hoping for a movie worth seeing.

As a long time Thor fan, no movie could live up to my expectations but I try to see these kinds of films with an open mind. My only hope is that the film is not campy but a "serious" interpretation of the story.

Someone hasn't read the travesty that is Avengers #200...

Dear god. I just read a synopsis of the plot. The worst thing is that ST:NG had a Super-mystery-pregnancy episode as well, involving Troy. :eek:

Another one I won't be seeing. Hate the look. Hollywood, blah.

Sorry I just don't understand the mindset? If your a Thor fan how could you not want to see this movie! Have you seen a bad performance by Anthony Hopkins before, probably not. I'm sure we will see the helmet but until this gets much closer to hitting the theatres they are just going to trickle out the pics and teasers a tiny bit at a time. The 3D annoucement is good news, can't wait.

If you're a FF fan, do you want to see that direct to video POS movie of several years ago? :sick:

You do realize what that direct to video FF movie was right? The studios have to make movies every so often to keep the rights. That movie was not meant as a "real" FF movie. I think the current deal with Sony is every 4 years or they lose the rights.

Did none of you guys ever note my stance on the fashions of Asgard? Those graphics are long gone or I'd repost, but if anything the fashions you are seeing now are nothing new.

I remember it fondly. :cloud9: But when I go here to relive the glory, I only quaff the bitter dregs of defeat. Forsooth! By Odin's beard why didst thou delete thine files? Surely byte size could not have been the rationale. Such trickery must be the doing of Loki!

Another one I won't be seeing. Hate the look. Hollywood, blah.

Sorry I just don't understand the mindset? If your a Thor fan how could you not want to see this movie! Have you seen a bad performance by Anthony Hopkins before, probably not. I'm sure we will see the helmet but until this gets much closer to hitting the theatres they are just going to trickle out the pics and teasers a tiny bit at a time. The 3D annoucement is good news, can't wait.

If you're a FF fan, do you want to see that direct to video POS movie of several years ago? :sick:

You do realize what that direct to video FF movie was right? The studios have to make movies every so often to keep the rights. That movie was not meant as a "real" FF movie. I think the current deal with Sony is every 4 years or they lose the rights.

I don't believe this is correct. Please show me some evidence?

News to me, but it's at the IMDB link:

In an interview with the filmmaker Kevin Smith, Stan Lee, the creator of the "Fantastic Four", said that, unknown to its cast and crew, this movie was never intended to be released, and it was made only because the studio that owned the rights to make a "Fantastic Four" movie would have lost those rights if it did not begin production by a certain date.

I don't believe this is correct. Please show me some evidence?

I've heard the same thing Bruce has, the Wikipedia entry on it makes the same claim. I think the budget was right around $1 mil, which the producer was viewing as simply a cost to hold onto the film rights for FF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fantastic_Four_(film)