• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

protection pending certification

6 posts in this topic

Mylars are good as long as they're cost effective. I recommend putting the comic in a Mylite (with flap), and then putting the comic, with a board, in a standard, open Mylar. As for what Mylars, that depends on the book. Cole and Gerber are expensive - I've heard Jef Hinds is good, however, and cheaper.

Mylars are good as long as they're cost effective. I recommend putting the comic in a Mylite (with flap), and then putting the comic, with a board, in a standard, open Mylar.

I always thought I was the only person who did this! Putting the comic in a mylite before putting it inside the mylar is definitely the best way to protect your books.

If you have the mylite to start with, do you need the mylar? As it doesn't touch the book, couldn't you just put the mylite in a cheap poly bag with a backing board?

You could do, certainly. But the combination of Mylite and Mylar minimizes any chance of invasive elements harming the comic. I just think that Mylars offer better protection - especially where it's needed, on the corners. You can also flip through Mylared books and not worry so much about any possible damage. Plus comics look nicer in Mylars.