• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wooley's

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Some of you may have been tracking my closet cleaning thread in General but in case you're not. I wanted to share a cool find for the old-timers like me.

Here's my post from General for this item. As I get deeper into the bowels of this junk, I get to the earlier things in my collecting days.

I thought you guys might enjoy it. Condition-wise, it is beautiful.

And the last item in that box was very cool - old timers will remember Wooley's - Charles and his wife. I ordered and won many an auction from them - back before the Internet. I still remember the wife's distinctive and friendly voice when she answered the phone. This is a publication they released called Wooley's History of the Comic Book 1899-1936. The Origin of the Superhero. I also posted some interior pics.

WooleysHistoryoftheComicBook.jpg

WooleysHistoryoftheComicBook3.jpg

WooleysHistoryoftheComicBook2.jpg

WooleysHistoryoftheComicBook1.jpg

Hey guys. Some of you may have been tracking my closet cleaning thread in General but in case you're not. I wanted to share a cool find for the old-timers like me.

Here's my post from General for this item. As I get deeper into the bowels of this junk, I get to the earlier things in my collecting days.

I thought you guys might enjoy it. Condition-wise, it is beautiful.

And the last item in that box was very cool - old timers will remember Wooley's - Charles and his wife. I ordered and won many an auction from them - back before the Internet. I still remember the wife's distinctive and friendly voice when she answered the phone. This is a publication they released called Wooley's History of the Comic Book 1899-1936. The Origin of the Superhero. I also posted some interior pics.

WooleysHistoryoftheComicBook.jpg

WooleysHistoryoftheComicBook3.jpg

WooleysHistoryoftheComicBook2.jpg

WooleysHistoryoftheComicBook1.jpg

Hey, Scraps 1. I have one of those. Didn't realize it was highlighted in Wooley's book.

Yep, great book! You can tell Chuck (Wooley) loves comics!

Chuck & Sheri are great friends of mine. I love hearing Chuck's stories about his early days in our hobby.

Two of the nicest people I have ever met! (thumbs u

Still digging through the closets and ran across a mess of catalogs. E Gerber Auction and Sale Winter 1985. Not sure if you can read the prices - these were for sale prices - #36 is $709. Also found Russ Cochran's Art Auction Catalog from I believe 1983. Some Frazettas, Barks, Schultz, Hogarth, Wrightson, EC covers and complete stories...

EGerberWinter1985AuctionCatalog-1.jpg

egerbercatalog042-1-1.jpg

1983RussCochranComicArtAuctionCa-1.jpg

russcohranfrazetta048.jpg

russcohranecs049.jpg