• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$1 Stinkin buck

8 posts in this topic

Why.....Why I ask you did I have to go to bed and lose this auction for $1 lousy buck 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Star Spangled #39

ohhhh the humanity of it all.....I really wanted this book, placed a solid bid, but went to bed.........I should have just thrown in a hundred dollar bid, just to be safe foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

No....you are correct, there is no telling what the other person bid, but when all is said and done I technically lost this book by $1 buck, which is just painfull.

I know how to play the game and I have outbid plenty of people by one buck, so all is fair in love, war, and comic collecting devil.gif

No....you are correct, there is no telling what the other person bid, but when all is said and done I technically lost this book by $1 buck, which is just painfull.

I know how to play the game and I have outbid plenty of people by one buck, so all is fair in love, war, and comic collecting devil.gif

It does suck to lose out like that. I feel for you. On another note...I have been getting really burned on the raw book purchases lately. Coupon clipping not noted, miscut pages not noted. And these are from dealers too. There have been a lot of books getting sent back. Is this happening to a greater degree lately or is it just me? 893frustrated.gif

It does suck to lose out like that. I feel for you. On another note...I have been getting really burned on the raw book purchases lately. Coupon clipping not noted, miscut pages not noted. And these are from dealers too. There have been a lot of books getting sent back. Is this happening to a greater degree lately or is it just me?

Only you!!!! 27_laughing.gif

Of course, I pretty much only buy CGC books for exactly the reasons you described.

Of course, I pretty much only buy CGC books for exactly the reasons you described.

Oh I know why people gravitate to the slabbed books. It just strikes me as kind of pathetic that more dealers aren't careful. It's ridiculous.