• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bidpay query

13 posts in this topic

I use this occasionally when overseas sellers don't take Paypal. When I submit the payment, the system tells me that the cheque takes about 7 days to arrive. At this point, is the whole thing a done deal or does the seller have any worries? What I'm asking is, can the seller despatch to me upon receipt of the confirmation e-mail from bidpay or does he have to wait until receiving the money order in case something goes wrong?

I dealt with BidPay in December and it was a nightmare. It took them 2 weeks to confirm the order and about 10 more days to process and ship. I'm not sure but I think at the time they were either downsizing or restructuring and orders were backlogged. After that experience, being a seller myself, I wouldn't ship any goods until I had the money order in hand. As a buyer if I need a money order, I go to the post office or one of my banks.

He has to wait to receive the Money Order. The confirmation email to him means that the transaction has been completed at your end only, and the M.O.'s arrival is partly dependent on which shipping option you chose.

Bidpay can be difficult sometimes - on two separate occasions my CC was turned down for routine security purposes (I had to check with my bank to confirm). Once I fixed the problem, Bidpay still declined the transaction.

I do not use Bidpay anymore. I now prefer to go to a western union office and make an "instant transfer": Money is available within secondes. It's expensive, but i had a very bad experience with the awfully slow to react customer service of Bidpay !

I use this occasionally when overseas sellers don't take Paypal. When I submit the payment, the system tells me that the cheque takes about 7 days to arrive. At this point, is the whole thing a done deal or does the seller have any worries? What I'm asking is, can the seller despatch to me upon receipt of the confirmation e-mail from bidpay or does he have to wait until receiving the money order in case something goes wrong?

I've had one problem when using BidPay, and it was then that I understood the entire process. Once the buyer submits the payment, BidPay will contact the SELLER to make sure it gets there in the event that it is lost. Essentially, the SELLER is guaranteed the funds by BidPay. I attest to this because I could not stop payment on it after two unsuccessful payment attempts.

For this reason, many seasoned BidPay sellers will send their merchandise after they receive the BidPay payment receipt in e-mail.

He has to wait to receive the Money Order. The confirmation email to him means that the transaction has been completed at your end only, and the M.O.'s arrival is partly dependent on which shipping option you chose.

Bidpay can be difficult sometimes - on two separate occasions my CC was turned down for routine security purposes (I had to check with my bank to confirm). Once I fixed the problem, Bidpay still declined the transaction.

Andy, that's exactly what I thought--except when a MO did not make it BidPay worked EXTENSIVELY with the seller to verify it got there--it was like the SENDER (aka me) didn't exist. It proved to be frustrating to me to say the least.

Bidpay is no more, it is now Western Union Auction Payments!

As for using them, I do it all the time. As soon as you process an order, the seller gets an email to confirm their details. As soon as they do, they will receive their money, and as soon as you click send then there is NO WAY you can get the money back, so the seller has nothing to worry about.

The one time I had a problem was when the seller didnt read the confirmation email and didnt really understand the system. And as I had sent the money, WU would not do anything at my end because EVEN IF the buyer does not confirm their details, the SELLER is the only one who can cancel your transaction!

(did that make sense 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)

Hi comicmankev. Sounds like WUAP has their act together a bit better now, or at least in the UK. As I had stated earlier they turned what should have been a 1 wk transaction into 3. Have you ever had any experience with their money wire service?

I've used Bidpay (now Auctionspayment) 5 to 10 times, an it worked fine every time.

Sending a Western Union MO directly from a W.U office costs an arm and a leg, so I won't do that.

I think Bidpay is expensive, too , but much less. The problem is that it's limited to $700. But I wonder if there's anything preventing a buyer from sending several Bidpay MO in a row, each of those being under $700 893scratchchin-thumb.gif