• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do interior tears on otherwise very high-grade book affect the CGC grade?

11 posts in this topic

Just received a beautiful copy of Hulk 162 in the mail...took a chance on an eBay purchase and was THRILLED when I examined the book. Book looks straight off the comic rack...blinding gloss, bright-white pages and that crisp, new look and feel. No visible wear. Looks to be a slam-dunk 9.6, maybe better. HOWEVER...when checking the pages, I noticed jagged consecutive edge tears on pages 18-19 that are approximately 1/2" in length. :cry:

I had planned on sending this in for grading but with the 2 small interior tears, I was wondering how much CGC might downgrade. Thoughts/experiences on sending in otherwise very HG books with interior tears?

Thanks!

No creases, spine has a slight stacking curve but I have no doubt it will flatten out...
Sure looks like a thin crease lower right to me. Top and bottom of spine also look slightly blunted.

No creases, spine has a slight stacking curve but I have no doubt it will flatten out...
Sure looks like a thin crease lower right to me. Top and bottom of spine also look slightly blunted.

I see that now, it's right in the LR corner, almost vertical, going up about an inch.

You guys are right...I thought it was just a production mark or part of the cover art, but I got out a magnifying glass and it is indeed a hairline crease about 1/2"

So, the interior tears are moot points...probably no chance at anything above a 9.2 even if I press out the spine curl. Once again, the boards enlighten! (thumbs u

You guys are right...I thought it was just a production mark or part of the cover art, but I got out a magnifying glass and it is indeed a hairline crease about 1/2"

So, the interior tears are moot points...probably no chance at anything above a 9.2 even if I press out the spine curl. Once again, the boards enlighten! (thumbs u

Glad we could save you a few bucks :) Still a sweet book!