• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15 DCs To Go

78 posts in this topic

Had a good week this week. I got Adventure 70, Flash 97 and All American 89. Plus I secured Here's Howie 7 and Metarog snapped up a copy of Falling In Love 73 for me. I took Double Action 1 off the list for two reasons. Number one is that it clearly was never offered for sale, even though a colour cover exists. Number two is that I'm having it authentically reconstructed, which will be as near as we could ever get to a complete copy.

So sixteen to go.

Plus the promo stuff of course, as well.

It gets harder now......

THE 16 DC COMICS I NEED TO COMPLETE THE FULL SET

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS - 17, 22, 26, 27

ALL FUNNY - 15

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

BUZZY - 34, 70

THE FLASH Original Series - 43

FUNNY STUFF - 37

GREEN LANTERN (Golden Age) - 30

HEART THROBS - 66

HERE'S HOWIE - 17

LEADING SCREEN - 68

SCRIBBLY - 6

DC PROMOTIONAL AND GIVEAWAY COMICS

ACTION COMICS 700 - GOLD EDITION

THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS - 1

BATMAN PRELL SHAMPOO GIVEAWAY - 1

BATMAN RAIN-BLO GUM COMIC - 1

BATMAN ONSTAR - 2

BLIND JUSTICE Squarebound Giveaway - 1

CARTOON NETWORK PRESENTS Platinum Edition - 1

COMIC CAVALCADE GIVEAWAY - 3

DC DIRECT SHOWCASE - 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16 onwards

DC HORIZONS - 2, 14 onwards

DETECTIVE COMICS 675 Platinum Edition

FLASH FORCE 2000 - 4, 5

FLASH TV BROCHURE GIVEAWAY - 1

JLA YEAR ONE Platinum Edition - 1

LOONEY TUNES TYSON PROMOTIONAL ISSUE - 1, 2, 7, 8, 10

MAGAZINELAND - 1

METAL MEN Bound Preview - 1

SCOOBY DOO mini-comic with DVD - "Werewolf Are You" - 1

SILLY PUTTY MAN MEETS THE EGGOMEANY - 1

SOVEREIGN SEVEN Platinum Edition - 1

SPECIAL NAVY EDITION (1944) - 1, 3, 4, 5, 6

SUPERGEAR COMICS - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1940 - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1944 (Second Of Two That Year) - 2

SUPERMAN BOSNIAN LANDMINES COMIC In English Language - 1

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS - 1

SUPERMAN WORKBOOK - 1

SUPERMAN KELLOGGS SPECIAL EDITION 1954 - 1

SUPERMAN TIM - August 42, September 42, November 42, December 42, January 43, February 43, March 43, April 43, May 43, June 43, July 43, September 43, October 43, November 43, December 43, January 44, March 44, April 44, June 44, October 44, November 44, February 45, April 45, May 45, July 45, August 45, September 45, October 45, December 45, February 46, March 46, April 46, June 46, July 46, August 46, September 46, October 46, December 46, January 47, February 47, June 47, November 47, July 48, March 49, May 49, June 49, November 49, February 50, March 50, May 50

TWISTED METAL - 1

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMICS SEAL OF APPROVAL - 1

WITCHCRAFT Platinum Edition - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1944 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1949 GIVEAWAY - 1

XOMBI Platinum Edition - 1

DC RELATED COMICS

UNCLE SAM - 5 (pre-Blackhawk numbering)

HEART THROBS (Pre DC) - 4, 24, 40, 41

THE COMICS MAGAZINE - 1 (The missing Doctor Occult between More Fun 13 and 14)

Great to see the total of outstanding issues dropping again... the wheels are in motion, but in a good way grin.gif

Time to start a pool re: which of the last 16 will be the last one through the door... I'm going with Scribbly #6, just for kicks...!

Time to start a pool re: which of the last 16 will be the last one through the door... I'm going with Scribbly #6, just for kicks...!

I'm now convinced it will be the Big Book Of Fun Comics. Although those four New Adventures are starting to look a little worrying now. Thank heavens I already have the notoriously impossible number 13.

Great to see the total of outstanding issues dropping again... the wheels are in motion, but in a good way

Heritage just e-mailed me to say they've got me a very affordable Mutt And Jeff 2.

That makes it 15, not 16.

After all their recent bad press, it's nice to see them do something wonderful. I'm astonishingly grateful, even though the Flash 83 still hasn't arrived.

But it was nice of them to take the trouble, and I really need the book.

Congrats, Ian. Although you're still 16 books away because I will not sell you that Double Action #3 after the way you denigrated it. The book has feelings for God's sake, man!

Good news and thanks for the updated list. I would hate to be out purchasing multiple copies of the Big Book of Fun Comics if you don't need it thumbsup2.gif

I probably have a better chance of winning the power ball lottery than finding even 1 of those book 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

The Wheels are in motion and the hunt goes on 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

My money is on Big Book of Fun Comics 1.

Great to see the total of outstanding issues dropping again... the wheels are in motion, but in a good way grin.gif

Not if we can help it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif We want to see the pictures of the collection when you're done. thumbsup2.gif

My money is on Big Book of Fun Comics 1.

Yep.

So's mine.

It'll probably take me five years to find one.

Time to start a pool re: which of the last 16 will be the last one through the door.

Well it looks like it won't be Mutt And Jeff 2.

I think we should decide on a fabulous prize for whoever gets to sell me the last one. I think that transaction could well go down in some sort of comics history.

I can't believe I only have 15 to go. I'm pinching myself.

The thrill today when we won Flash 97 off e-bay was electric.

If you have doubles of the early-ish Action or Detective Comics in low grade, a copy of one of those might be a good incentive for someone not only to sell you your last book, but to do so at a price that is more fair than you might otherwise get. Just a thought.

Time to start a pool re: which of the last 16 will be the last one through the door.

I think we should decide on a fabulous prize for whoever gets to sell me the last one. I think that transaction could well go down in some sort of comics history.

I can't believe I only have 15 to go. I'm pinching myself.

The thrill today when we won Flash 97 off e-bay was electric.

Number two is that I'm having it authentically reconstructed, which will be as near as we could ever get to a complete copy.

Ian, who will be making this comic, will it be the company who originally made it, or some sort of restoration company? Also how do you know how the story goes if nobody has ever seen it?

Good luck on your last 15 thumbsup2.gif, I dont think it will be long before your down to your last 3 or 2 because it was only a about amonth ago since you was posting "77dc's to go", and you seem to be getting a few comics a week.

Fabulous prize? Based on some board members visions of charging you 10x guide or more for the "final piece of the puzzle," I think that person will be getting their prize when you pay them!!!

If you have doubles of the early-ish Action or Detective Comics in low grade, a copy of one of those might be a good incentive for someone not only to sell you your last book, but to do so at a price that is more fair than you might otherwise get.

Oh I have several. Actions in the 30s and 40s, and Detectives in the 40s plus a few spare More Funs.

I think I should save the SUPER RARE spare of the Fat And Slat Joke Book, one of the rarest DCs ever, for whoever sells me that last comic.

Ian, who will be making this comic, will it be the company who originally made it, or some sort of restoration company? Also how do you know how the story goes if nobody has ever seen it?

The Double Action 1 was just the Doctor Occult strips in chronological order. I asume part of the reason it got scrapped is that the Double Action 2 was a varied comic only using two of those strips. So we DO know how the story goes, and we have the original DC artwork for the cover, and a major restoration expert is rebuilding the comic for me as true and authentic as possible. It's the nearest thing to actually having it, and it's the only way it can be done. Think how beautifully it will sit next to my Double Action Number 2.

Ian:

Out of curiosity, how long are you planning on keeping the collection together? Do you even have a plan for it now, or is this something that you don't intend to think about until a good long while after you've completed the collection?

The Double Action 1 was just the Doctor Occult strips in chronological order. I asume part of the reason it got scrapped is that the Double Action 2 was a varied comic only using two of those strips. So we DO know how the story goes, and we have the original DC artwork for the cover, and a major restoration expert is rebuilding the comic for me as true and authentic as possible. It's the nearest thing to actually having it, and it's the only way it can be done. Think how beautifully it will sit next to my Double Action Number 2.

Ian:

Out of curiosity, how long are you planning on keeping the collection together?

Hopefully for the span of my life.

I pray circumstances never force me to split it up. It's the whole entity that makes it special. The minute you remove one comic, that's gone. Whether it be an Action 1 or a Firestorm 90.

What a great idea. Ian, I know the curator of the Fantasyfootballbono Comic Museum in San Francisco. I would be happy to put you in touch with him if you want to put the FFBC Museum in your will as the recipient of the comics at the end of your life. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hopefully for the span of my life.

After that, some sort of comic museum would be a good place to keep it all together. We are talking history here.