• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Introducing Myself

45 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've been posting here for a little while now, but I feel like it may do me some good to make a formal introduction... I'm Mitch (hard to guess from the handle!) and I'm from Dallas. I've been back into comics for about two years now after reading and collecting as a kid. At first I was all over the place with respect to my collection, but I've decided to focus my efforts on my X-Men run with a little bit of E.C. Horror thrown in to keep it interesting! Feel free to check out my registry; I've got everything on there (with pics coming once I pick up a legal-sized scanner).

I've bought mostly on ebay (just got a nice copy of X-Men 31 there from Gator) and comiclink, and I've put together a pretty nice X-Men run so far. Still working on getting the E.C. in shape, but I've gone for quality over quantity there (pretty happy with how it's turning out so far). I'm getting married next month, so focusing my free time on the collection has been great stress relief for dealing with wedding stuff! Not as good on the pocketbook though, so I've had to be picky lately doh!

Anyway, chalk this post up to boredom at work, but I'm looking forward to becoming part of the community. I've got my eye on the sales forum, and hopefully I'll find something fun over there to add. I'm also going to try my hand at selling on the boards eventually (definitely after the wedding!), and I didn't want to be just some rando when I get around to it.

If you guys have any good pieces of advice for someone getting started around here, don't hesitate to respond or drop me a PM. Thanks!!