• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

July Comiclink auction...the Official Preview and Review thread.

182 posts in this topic

I'm very happy, I was the high bidder on this book along with batman 245 CGC 9.0 and Captain America 154 CGC 9.4. Batman 291 is the first comic book, that my mother bought for me as a kid that got me into collecting back in 1977. This book has a great cover and sentimental value for me:

Anthony

RADF9A9F201077_121256.jpg

This went for a fricken steal imho!!!

(I would love to know who won it....to (worship) )

RADA0CE02010624_1370.jpg

I'd say prospective buyers were looking at the book as well as the label. That color breaking wear at the top left corner surely makes this a less desirable copy than many others with the same numerical grade. Dont' get me wrong, it's a great looking comic deserving of a significant sale price, but some may have considered it weaker than the typical 9.6.

I'm very happy, I was the high bidder on this book along with batman 245 CGC 9.0 and Captain America 154 CGC 9.4. Batman 291 is the first comic book, that my mother bought for me as a kid that got me into collecting back in 1977. This book has a great cover and sentimental value for me:

Anthony

RADF9A9F201077_121256.jpg

Beautiful book! :applause:

I had bids on five books, and lost them all. No biggie, there were no must haves for me in this auction.

one bid,one win, logged in to check out whats what saw this, kind of like 9.6 Aquamans, no idea why.

Aquaman56.jpg

nice. could never figure out why this book was $16 in OSPG. doubled this year but still seems on the low side for a 15 center.

RADA0CE02010624_1370.jpg

I'd say prospective buyers were looking at the book as well as the label. That color breaking wear at the top left corner surely makes this a less desirable copy than many others with the same numerical grade. Dont' get me wrong, it's a great looking comic deserving of a significant sale price, but some may have considered it weaker than the typical 9.6.

ASM man sales are really falling over the past year, which has quite a bit to do with it.

I bid on a ASM book last night (#30) that I really didn't want to win as I really don't have the money right now for it. I placed the bid as I just didn't think it would sell for that price...I was sure someone would outbid me in the last minute, but nobody did. I'm happy I won the book but also have buyer's remorse as my budget is totally blown.

RADA0CE02010624_1370.jpg

ASM man sales are really falling over the past year, which has quite a bit to do with it.

I bid on a ASM book last night (#30) that I really didn't want to win as I really don't have the money right now for it. I placed the bid as I just didn't think it would sell for that price...I was sure someone would outbid me in the last minute, but nobody did. I'm happy I won the book but also have buyer's remorse as my budget is totally blown.

what did you win the 9.4?

if so, man that was a steal!

(worship)

You two have valid points.

I am still just amazed. Since I paid a tad more than this for my 9.4. (also a SS) Granted, I really wanted the book than and I was willing to pay whatever needed within some rational boundary. But still somebody got a 9.6 for a little bit more than a 9.4 price as of a couple years ago. Good buy! (thumbs u

I can't see anything preventing it from being a 9.8 without that defect...I've got more than a few 9.6s with defects of that severity.

RADA0CE02010624_1370.jpg

what did you win the 9.4?

if so, man that was a steal!

(worship)

Yes it was the 9.4.

Now I really have to sell my 9.2 (it's in the sales thread...hint, hint)

RADA0CE02010624_1370.jpg

With ASM being the benchmark for bronze,copper and modern sales according to the GPA,this is not a good thing for the overall market for sellers.Great for buyers (thumbs u

With ASM being the benchmark for bronze,copper and modern sales according to the GPA,this is not a good thing for the overall market for sellers.Great for buyers (thumbs u

I don`t think it`s news to most people that books are in a big correction from their peaks right now, unless you happen to own an Action 1 or Detective 27.

I wouldn't sweat it too much the the sweet spot VF ditkos were still pretty much on target.

The book I snagged was above 2009 and 2010 GPA averages, but I am still happy.

(thumbs u

RADA0CE02010624_1370.jpg

Am I the only person that thinks $7200 IS a significant sale price? It's double the 9.4 average that the book sells for which sounds about right for the multiple between a 9.4 and 9.6 for a non key, fairly common in high grade book. And it sold for $7K. $7 THOUSAND dollars is not an insubstantial amount of money.