• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor's helmet revealed.

24 posts in this topic

I was worried they wouldn't be able to pull off Loki's helmet without it looking stupid.

I think they did a great job, actually. Both look very cool.

I'm still not holding out much hope for the movie. I can already smell the stench.

1279912244.jpg

I was worried they wouldn't be able to pull off Loki's helmet without it looking stupid.

I'm still not holding out much hope for the movie. I can already smell the stench.

1279912244.jpg

I'm going out on a limb and disagree with you. I think this is going to be a surprise hit. I think after Lord of the rings, and numerous TV fantasy shows, the non-comic public will be able to handle this and like it. Just seeing the images of the Destroyer tells me that there's going to be enough action to make a Marvel fan very happy.

Now the DC "only" crowd may not face front, but that's to be expected.

I think the time is right. I could be wrong.

1279912244.jpg

I'm going out on a limb and disagree with you. I think this is going to be a surprise hit. I think after Lord of the rings, and numerous TV fantasy shows, the non-comic public will be able to handle this and like it. Just seeing the images of the Destroyer tells me that there's going to be enough action to make a Marvel fan very happy.

Being a "DC guy" mostly, I am still looking forward to the Thor movie. I agree that the non-comic public may be ready for a fantasy based movie. . .we'll see

I'm still not holding out much hope for the movie. I can already smell the stench .

1279912244.jpg

I find your lack of faith disturbing

af163cc8.jpg

I'm not familiar with the actors who play Thor and Loki, or the writers for that matter, but Kenneth Branagh seems a decent choice for director and Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman are well cast as Odin and Jane Foster.

As a film subject, I find Thor more interesting than most superheros, and while I try to avoid having expectations for any comic book movie, I have higher hopes for this one than most of them (I'm looking at you Green Lantern).

1279912244.jpg

As a DC, I still prefer Marvel movies to DC ones (Batman not included in that statement).