• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Universe Online Cinematic Trailer... Check it

39 posts in this topic

This video is pretty good. Like I mentioned in the water cooler though the storyline seems familiar to a animated movie I saw. I just forget which one. This one definetely has some cool graphics though.

GREAT trailer! :applause:

Doesn't get me excited about the game one iota though. It won't look anywhere close to that good, and how do you do DC or Marvel online knowing that of the millions of people playing only a few can be Superman, Batman, etc? Or if everyone can pick them, how are they at all special? It's tough for me to imagine how the superheros translate into an MMO...but I hope they pull it off! :wishluck:

Doesn't get me excited about the game one iota though. It won't look anywhere close to that good, and how do you do DC or Marvel online knowing that of the millions of people playing only a few can be Superman, Batman, etc? Or if everyone can pick them, how are they at all special? It's tough for me to imagine how the superheros translate into an MMO...but I hope they pull it off! :wishluck:

Normally they split the whole game up into 'worlds' so there are only so many users registered in each world. I was a beta tester for an online soccer management game a few of years ago, and that was how it worked, so I'm presuming the same for this.

Normally they split the whole game up into 'worlds' so there are only so many users registered in each world. I was a beta tester for an online soccer management game a few of years ago, and that was how it worked, so I'm presuming the same for this.

Their tagline is:

"Fight alongside or against your favorite DC heroes and villains including Batman, The Joker, Superman, Wonder Woman and others…The next legend is YOU!"

"Alongside" or "against" makes me guess players can be anybody else but a DC Universe character. (shrug)

"Players will create their own custom DC-style hero or villain, each with a unique look and combination of superpowers."

Their tagline is:

"Fight alongside or against your favorite DC heroes and villains including Batman, The Joker, Superman, Wonder Woman and others…The next legend is YOU!"

"Alongside" or "against" makes me guess players can be anybody else but a DC Universe character. (shrug)

"Players will create their own custom DC-style hero or villain, each with a unique look and combination of superpowers."

Right, that's my understanding of it. Just like in City of Heroes, you couldn't play as Statesman, War Witch or any of the other "name" heroes and villains.

I loved City of Heroes back around 2005-06, and I'm looking forward to this game. I'm curious how the character creation stacks up against COH's.