• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #6 CGC high grade for sale on ebay

8 posts in this topic

You didn't tell us what the reserve was in the first place, so how could we even guess? I will say that I am in the market for this book and it's already getting close to the limit of what I'd pay for an 8.5 with OW pages (+/-$1,500), and with the very small scans, I don't think you'll get full value for the book. A lot of collectors of expensive books won't pay top dollar unless the book has BOTH a CGC grade AND a set of large scans.

The book will continue to increase in value, so if your goal is to get the highest possible price for it, then you shouldn't sell it now or ever. But if you must sell it, now is as good a time as any.

Well 12 hours left. What do you guys think will the reserve be met or did I sell to soon before the movie hype?

Have a good weekend,

Eric

The book will continue to increase in value, so if your goal is to get the highest possible price for it, then you shouldn't sell it now or ever. But if you must sell it, now is as good a time as any.

While this is a great book and one I am looking for, it is one of the more common issues to find. It seems that almost ever Heritage auction has at least one high grade copy. Heritage has sold 13 copies in CGC 8.0 or better of issue #6 (once again only those that sold, not those that didn't meet reserve). Now issue #5 they have sold 4 issues. Obviously, much tougher to find.

Basically, I'm saying that the fact that there seems to be a reasonable supply of this book, will keep the price from increasing as much, as tougher issues to find.

Just my opinion.

You didn't tell us what the reserve was in the first place, so how could we even guess? I will say that I am in the market for this book and it's already getting close to the limit of what I'd pay for an 8.5 with OW pages (+/-$1,500), and with the very small scans, I don't think you'll get full value for the book. A lot of collectors of expensive books won't pay top dollar unless the book has BOTH a CGC grade AND a set of large scans.

Well 12 hours left. What do you guys think will the reserve be met or did I sell to soon before the movie hype?

Have a good weekend,

Eric

well the reserve is very close to the $1500 your willing to pay. As for the pictures I am computer illiterate and don't know how to do better than ebay's pic service. Oh well if it doesn't sell I suppose your right I can just hold on to it.

Eric