• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shazam!... Really??

4 posts in this topic

Variety reports that New Line Cinema is teaming with fellow Time/Warner company DC Comics to create a feature film based on the classic comic book character Shazam!.  Michael Uslan, a veteran producer with credits from Warner Brothers Batman films, will be the executive producer of the new film, which is based on the 60-year-old comic title.

Does this seem like an odd choice to anyone else? That you would choose this character to throw your weight behind...

I can think of a number of characters in DC's stable that would be a better choice for a feature film at this point.

can't see the film getting made, warner recently pulled the plug on the superman vs batman movie so if that didn't make the cut then i think shazam must be way down the pecking order.

seems like every movie company is jumping on the "we are gonna make a super-hero film" band-wagon at the moment. the number of films 'in the pipeline' is staggering. but when it comes to the crunch, making a good super-hero flick is very expensive, and that reality check means that only a small percentage ever actually get made. maybe as FF said in an earlier thread, when the cost of cgi comes down (as it is rapidly doing) we will see more of the rumoured films actually happening.

i, for one, would like to see iron fist/ ghost rider/ fantastic four/ iron man etc.hit theatres one day................ grin.gif