• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kris Moore Interview

90 posts in this topic

So is that what happened to the vodka for the Akroyd signing? Since you had to buy a bottle to get a sig (and I think why the fee was pretty high), those people got a free or reduced sig? I was curious what happened there.

I say it again. The sig room is so entertaining.

The vodka was never included in the price. Plane and simple. If people do not like my prices they do not have to participate in my signings.

So is that what happened to the vodka for the Akroyd signing? Since you had to buy a bottle to get a sig (and I think why the fee was pretty high), those people got a free or reduced sig? I was curious what happened there.

The vodka was never included in the price. Plane PLAIN and simple. If people do not like my prices they do not have to participate in my signings.

:thumbsup: Fixed that for ya bud!

Hey billy. How are you. Billy tell these guys about some of the stuff I have got signed for you.

You get some Miller books signed for me this weekend? :kidaround:

well That is because I don't ship on time billy. Didn't you ready what doug and anthony wrote about me.

You say that like it's an opinion. SDCC 2009 ended July 26, 2009. You had the grades in October, I got the books in February. That's not "don't ship on time" that's "I don't/can't pay my CGC bill so they hold my books."

The only reason I got them as soon as I did (assuming you call a six month wait "soon") is because I went to CGC and offered to pay them direct for the books you so gladly took my money for. These were books that I paid up front on. I paid artist fees, grading fees, shipping fees and your fees. All that money, but somehow none of it got to CGC until I started complaining.

No one denies that you can get tough signatures. You just lack business skills.

I've had problems with other Witnesses/facilitators/CAWs, but you know what? They kept me informed from the get-go. On top of that, it was a one time problem. My last three dealings with you have gone sour and those are since the first of the year. That doesn't count SDCC 09!

The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.

Kris got Bill the only Obama s/s book and swore a blood oath never to mention it again.

"The cat is....OUT of the bag!"

kramer2.jpg

If he did I haven't gotten it yet.. :(

"Oh, CGC lost it. Wait, no I didn't ship it. Oh, yeah I did. I'll get you an invoice number tomorrow. I meant I would get it next week. Wait, didn't I get that to you? I'll look again. It's graded, it came back a 9.6. I'll have them ship it this week. Next week. I've asked them to ship, but they held it to ship with other stuff. I guess they just didn't put it in this shipment."

If this sounds familiar, raise your hand.

Funny how the two guys who "USE" Kris the most are the only two defending him on here. Kris means well, he just lets money, booze and his mouth get in the way.

Actually, I don't "use" Kris, but I'm defending him. I know how overwhelming a private signing can get and the frustrations and issues surrounding it. I know how busy a big convention can be.. .At the conventions where Kris and I have both attended, he has seemed to be on and focused.

Now, that said... Doug, your concerns seem incredibly valid and I completely understand that you would have this frustration. I have never "used" Kris or done business with him with any private signing besides the Dan Aykroyd signing, so I can't speak to his "after-convention" business skills. It sounds like he has some work to do in that area. Honestly, I'm a little surprised you'd do business with him a 2nd or 3rd time in 2010 after those experiences, but it sounds like you kept trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I applaud you for that...

We all want to see this market thrive and enjoy some unique experiences and have some cool collectibles. Bottom line - without people like Kris to push the envelope a little (or people willing and able to negotiate deals directly with talent like Celebrity Authentics) then we won't have the variety that many of you crave. Lord knows I'm not willing to put up with a lot of the headache that can generated from this business for a minimal fee above my costs and a kudos shout-out.

anyway... I should probably watch that video of Kris to see how this whole thing got started... :)

well That is because I don't ship on time billy. Didn't you read what doug and anthony wrote about me.

Where did I write anything about your shipping or business practices? You have me confused with the other 20 mad customers

Funny how the two guys who "USE" Kris the most are the only two defending him on here. Kris means well, he just lets money, booze and his mouth get in the way.

Actually, I don't "use" Kris, but I'm defending him. I know how overwhelming a private signing can get and the frustrations and issues surrounding it. I know how busy a big convention can be.. .At the conventions where Kris and I have both attended, he has seemed to be on and focused.

Now, that said... Doug, your concerns seem incredibly valid and I completely understand that you would have this frustration. I have never "used" Kris or done business with him with any private signing besides the Dan Aykroyd signing, so I can't speak to his "after-convention" business skills. It sounds like he has some work to do in that area. Honestly, I'm a little surprised you'd do business with him a 2nd or 3rd time in 2010 after those experiences, but it sounds like you kept trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I applaud you for that...

We all want to see this market thrive and enjoy some unique experiences and have some cool collectibles. Bottom line - without people like Kris to push the envelope a little (or people willing and able to negotiate deals directly with talent like Celebrity Authentics) then we won't have the variety that many of you crave. Lord knows I'm not willing to put up with a lot of the headache that can generated from this business for a minimal fee above my costs and a kudos shout-out.

anyway... I should probably watch that video of Kris to see how this whole thing got started... :)

you weren't one of the two guys.

The vodka was never included in the price. Plane and simple. If people do not like my prices they do not have to participate in my signings.

But that's not the question. What happened to the vodka? Did Chandler ship it to you? Or did he keep it?