• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman 1

15 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about trading for a MM 1 Gold CGC 9.4. Last GPA info is $1,100(2008). The asking price is much higher. Is this a rare enough book to justify pulling the trigger? Or should I just go the GA route? I'm a bit antsy at dumping most of my of my trade $ on a copper book. :popcorn:

I'm thinking about trading for a MM 1 Gold CGC 9.4. Last GPA info is $1,100(2008). The asking price is much higher. Is this a rare enough book to justify pulling the trigger? Or should I just go the GA route? I'm a bit antsy at dumping most of my of my trade $ on a copper book. :popcorn:

How much higher? There's a CGC 9.4 Gold on ebay with a BIN of $1300 - and that's been sitting there for a long, long time ...

It's a rare book, but, imho, there's no chance you'd reach the GPA high ($1100) if that slabbed 9.4 was in a straight-up auction ... I wouldn't personally pay more than $700-800 for this book in this grade.

How much higher? There's a CGC 9.4 Gold on ebay with a BIN of $1300 - and that's been sitting there for a long, long time ...

It's a rare book, but, imho, there's no chance you'd reach the GPA high ($1100) if that slabbed 9.4 was in a straight-up auction ... I wouldn't personally pay more than $700-800 for this book in this grade.

Thanks, just trying to weigh my options. (thumbs u

Here's the deal...trading is great. If you have little actual cash in the stuff you're trading, it's awesome. If you can pay a NET $700-$800 (considering what you paid for your trade bait) I'd do it.

If you have $1300-$1500 in cash already in the stuff you're trading, I'd say no.

Here's the deal...trading is great. If you have little actual cash in the stuff you're trading, it's awesome. If you can pay a NET $700-$800 (considering what you paid for your trade bait) I'd do it.

If you have $1300-$1500 in cash already in the stuff you're trading, I'd say no.

I really doubt I have anymore than $1200 in what I'm trading. I really want to come out of this with either a few "just in case hits the fan books" or one or two GA/precode horror keeper books.

I really doubt I have anymore than $1200 in what I'm trading. I really want to come out of this with either a few "just in case hits the fan books" or one or two GA/precode horror keeper books.

If you have $1200 into what you're trading, I'd say no.

As much as I want this book, I wouldn't pay that much for it. Yes, it's rare, yes, it's in demand, and no, people just aren't willing to pay $1K+ for this book.

If you have $1200 into what you're trading, I'd say no.

As much as I want this book, I wouldn't pay that much for it. Yes, it's rare, yes, it's in demand, and no, people just aren't willing to pay $1K+ for this book.

Gracia s senior. Maybe more Bats 400' or Conan 275's........... hm

In 2008 that book was worth $1,100, but since the Copper Age has all around taken a huge dump price wise in the past 2 years, I don't know if it is worth that anymore.

why does it matter what you have "in" what you're trading? it's "worth" what it's worth (to you, to the world, whatever). heck, we could be talking about 20 copies of Marvel Zombies 1 bought at some $50 a pop peak price. That money is gone, vanished...

I would love to trade $1300 worth of my dumber comic purchases for some book that's actually "worth" $900-$1000! (and despite being a master bargain box diver, I'm sure I can scrape together $1300 worth of mistakes out of my collection....2 copies each of Punisher 2099 and X-Men 2099 off the rack come to mind...that's like $6 or $7 right there)

why does it matter what you have "in" what you're trading? it's "worth" what it's worth (to you, to the world, whatever). heck, we could be talking about 20 copies of Marvel Zombies 1 bought at some $50 a pop peak price. That money is gone, vanished...

Well, that answer's pretty easy:

You've missed the point entirely.

(thumbs u

Allow me to explain...the MM #1 is "worth" whatever the seller in this scenario is asking. Say they're asking $1,400. Say you have an Avengers #1, CGC 4.5. Last sale was, oddly enough, about $1400. So that's a straight across trade, assuming you can get the seller to part with it for an Avengers #1 4.5 (and, frankly, they'd be a complete fool not to.)

But if you only have $740 into that Avengers #1 (say you bought that copy in 2008), then, for you, you've made a fair deal. $740 cash for that MM #1 is steep, but it's not horrible.

If, however, you were the buyer of that copy at $1434, then trading it for that MM #1 is a BAD idea, because the MM #1 isn't worth $1400+ in case. You'd do better to talk them down and pay the cash.

So, obviously, if you paid $2500 for 50 copies of Marvel Zombies #1 at $50 a pop, only to have them be worth about $10 each now, assuming the seller is even interested in trading for those (which is unlikely), that would be a bad deal. Since you have $2500 into them, and the seller is still asking for $1400, you'd still be $650 short, which means you'd be $3150 into the transaction, assuming you ponied up the rest in cash.

Not a good scenario. At that point, since the Marvel Zombies are literally valued on paper, they have the POTENTIAL to come back in price...someday. But when you trade them, they're gone forever, and whatever price you got for them is set in stone. It would, at that point, make more sense to just pay the $1400 in cash.

I would love to trade $1300 worth of my dumber comic purchases for some book that's actually "worth" $900-$1000! (and despite being a master bargain box diver, I'm sure I can scrape together $1300 worth of mistakes out of my collection....2 copies each of Punisher 2099 and X-Men 2099 off the rack come to mind...that's like $6 or $7 right there)

Good luck with that. Since Punisher 2099 and X-Men 2099 are quarter books, your cash outlay...in fixed, not adjusted for inflation, dollars...would be close to $8,000, assuming you could find someone willing to trade that MM #1 for 4,000 copies of those books.