• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor trailer

71 posts in this topic

Thanks for the links.

I would Love to see a great Thor movie. Unfortunately from what I've seen, this

looks sterile, and cold. Asgard should be over the top architecture, and grand.

The character's costuming looks blah, and plastic ( it would be nice to

have authentic materials used on the costumes ), and Hollywood safe.

Anthony Hopkins is not my idea of Odin; I want that role to ooze Omnipotent.

The camera angles look too predictable. And just from a geek's point of view;

I would have very much enjoyed the Shakespearian dialogue.

I'm hoping Captain America delivers.

Ok, not being an overly close fan of Thor... I'm officially ripped about seeing this film! Definitely looks like a movie I am going to have a lot of fun watching when it comes out.

And very glad I snagged my copy of JIM 83 :grin:

This thread has gone four pages with a typo in the title. :(

Did you notice that you had a few extraneous letters at the end of your name? Or is that a name you've given to the Afro you were sporting when you joined the boards? hm

Thanks for the links.

I would Love to see a great Thor movie. Unfortunately from what I've seen, this

looks sterile, and cold. Asgard should be over the top architecture, and grand.

The character's costuming looks blah, and plastic ( it would be nice to

have authentic materials used on the costumes ), and Hollywood safe.

Anthony Hopkins is not my idea of Odin; I want that role to ooze Omnipotent.

The camera angles look too predictable. And just from a geek's point of view;

I would have very much enjoyed the Shakespearian dialogue.

I'm hoping Captain America delivers.

There were a few scenes that looked a little dry....like where Thor yells out "You are an old man and a fool!"...in fact there were several parts of the trailer that were "predictable" and so I'm hoping that it was simply because the trailer was a quick release and that they tighten it up a bit.

I think they have enough Hollywood firepower in the way of talent and $ to make this a nice, polished flick. I hope they take the time to do it right.

This thread has gone four pages with a typo in the title. :(

Did you notice that you had a few extraneous letters at the end of your name? Or is that a name you've given to the Afro you were sporting when you joined the boards? hm

How'd you know blood? :o

...in fact there were several parts of the trailer that were "predictable" and so I'm hoping that it was simply because the trailer was a quick release and that they tighten it up a bit.

They get complaints if the movie is predictable and complaints if it doesn't follow the comic storylines exactly. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. They'll never please everyone. :(

...in fact there were several parts of the trailer that were "predictable" and so I'm hoping that it was simply because the trailer was a quick release and that they tighten it up a bit.

They get complaints if the movie is predictable and complaints if it doesn't follow the comic storylines exactly. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. They'll never please everyone. :(

Mmm...I meant more from the perspective that the writing sounded a little weak.

I don't really care much if they butcher the 1962 origin story line. I'm more interested in seeing a well written movie with -script that will challenger the viewer a bit rather than sounding like it was written by an amateur. If they're going to charge me $15 or so to watch it, it's the least that I can expect. I think with a budget like the one this movie has it's fair to expect "A tier" writing.