• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con - Oct. 29-31, Long Beach, Calif.

65 posts in this topic

Back for a second year and looks like they are bringing plenty of artists.

LBCC

Can't pick a better day than Oct. 31 for a costume show.

I know it is just its second year, but I thought the $199 lifetime membership was a nice touch. I hope it indicates they are here for the long haul.

Last year I enjoyed the show, but one day was more than enough to soak it all in. I am hoping the panels and quality dealers continues to grow as the show matures.

I liked it because my daughter was able to get large sketches done by Ale Garza and Talent Caldwell without waiting in line. She actually got to talk to them while they were sketching.

I have hotel reservations. Will probably be the only show I get to this year.

I booked the Varden, since the hotels listed on the LBCC web site didn't know what the heck I was talking about and did not have a $119 rate. (I sent an e-mail to the LBCC folks to see if it was old information or a codeword is needed.)

I will be exhibiting again with two booths filled with GA, SA, and Bronze priced from $2 and up. Last year was a big success as I met several of you and sold lots of books from all periods.

Email me your want lists again as I filled several holes last year for Board members.

Ed Robertson

rrobert4_us@yahoo.com

I passed on this last year because it didnt look like there were many dealers exhibiting. Any idea if that will change this year?

I am asking with all respect but why is it that there have to be a large amount of dealers at a show for it to be worth attending? I understand wanting a broad selection and good deals but if the dealers that exhibit have both, isn't that enough to give the show a shot?

I have collected for over 35 years and have been selling at a few shows the past two years. Last year, I sold over $5000 worth of books to Steve Borock alone and he seemed pretty happy with what he bought as did many others. I may be in the minority but I would have been thrilled to find 3-5 dealers with good inventory and reasonable prices versus 20-30 with great books but high prices at any show I attended in the past.

At any rate, I look forward to the feedback as I can't sell if there are no buyers so thanks in advance.

Ed Robertson

I passed on this last year because it didnt look like there were many dealers exhibiting. Any idea if that will change this year?

I am asking with all respect but why is it that there have to be a large amount of dealers at a show for it to be worth attending? I understand wanting a broad selection and good deals but if the dealers that exhibit have both, isn't that enough to give the show a shot?

I have collected for over 35 years and have been selling at a few shows the past two years. Last year, I sold over $5000 worth of books to Steve Borock alone and he seemed pretty happy with what he bought as did many others. I may be in the minority but I would have been thrilled to find 3-5 dealers with good inventory and reasonable prices versus 20-30 with great books but high prices at any show I attended in the past.

At any rate, I look forward to the feedback as I can't sell if there are no buyers so thanks in advance.

Ed Robertson

This comment was not meant to seem disrespectful to the dealers that set up at this show. As a collector the more dealers that are, the more motivation there is to attend because this means more books to look at, and deals to potentially choose from. As this would be quite a drive, the more dealers are there, the more I would be motivated to undertake the journey as opposed to going to a local store or closer show.

Ed Robertson

Still looking for anyone attending Long Beach in October to shoot me their want list- helped several of you out last year and have even more books to sort this year. :headbang:

Ed- rrobert4_us@yahoo.com

Ed, you have my want list. :)

I will be pulling books together after Terry's Denver show. Just trying to get my boxes reorganized to take 40-50 boxes instead of 90 like I had at Long Beach last year. (thumbs u

Ed

Good luck in Denver. I find new shows kind of scary. :shy:lol

Do you think you'll ever do shows further from home like SF, Portland, Dallas? Curious what you consider your "range."

I can see San Francisco out my window and that's about my limit. :)

I doubt it but I wasn't sure about even doing the LA area (7+ hour drive) but it has worked out pretty well. Denver works as my son moved there last year and still likes me. Gives me a place to stay and help with load and unloading. Otherwise, no way.

Ed