• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 70's books...

65 posts in this topic

Submitted for your consideration:

This is one of my rarest 1970s comic books.

trib.jpg

What makes this a key comic book? Well this does....

tribstpr.jpg

This is the 1st story of the Star Wars newsstrip from march 10th 1978. This was the 1st time it was printed in comic book format. These comics were produced by the Winnipeg Tribune as the comics section to Saturdays paper. Since Winnipeg didnt have a Sunday paper all comic strips were printed before the normal day of Sunday. How many are left, no ones really sure. The print run was maybe a few 100,000 and given the fact that there were not, for the most, collected like "normal" comics, the bad newsprint they were printed on, the odd size,magazine like, and that most people threw them out, I'd say less than 2000 remain. Of course that all depends on how many Doug of Comic World has in his warehouse(s). While it's not the rarest Star Wars #1. I would say that theres no question that it's a close second to the ¢.35 Star Wars #1.

trib.jpg

What makes this a key comic book? Well this does....

tribstpr.jpg

This is the 1st story of the Star Wars newsstrip from march 10th 1978. This was the 1st time it was printed in comic book format. These comics were produced by the Winnipeg Tribune as the comics section to Saturdays paper. Since Winnipeg didnt have a Sunday paper all comic strips were printed before the normal day of Sunday. How many are left, no ones really sure. The print run was maybe a few 100,000 and given the fact that there were not, for the most, collected like "normal" comics, the bad newsprint they were printed on, the odd size,magazine like, and that most people threw them out, I'd say less than 2000 remain. Of course that all depends on how many Doug of Comic World has in his warehouse(s). While it's not the rarest Star Wars #1. I would say that theres no question that it's a close second to the ¢.35 Star Wars #1.

Awesome! :applause:

Very nice, but at about 2000 copies, it would probably be low on the list of Hardest to Find.

Although I have owned several copies (without the sticker) of this, trying to find one with the sticker still intact is almost impossible. I know of only two.

ASM_184_All_Sticker(3).jpg

that is a pretty infamous issue...

(the one where Spidey's under the arm webs get burned off and stay off)

:cloud9:

Although I have owned several copies (without the sticker) of this, trying to find one with the sticker still intact is almost impossible. I know of only two.

ASM_184_All_Sticker(3).jpg

that is a pretty infamous issue...

(the one where Spidey's under the arm webs get burned off and stay off)

:cloud9:

Guess I wasn't paying that much attention. For me, this was the second to last ASM of the Bronze age, as things just went downhill at Issue 186. Of course, that's fodder for a different thread.

But do love me some Andru Spideys as well.