• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how many serbian comic books are there?

49 posts in this topic

Here's what Brit looks like....

Brit1.jpg

Brit2.jpg

added to list of books i want. thank you. and yeah, those liberty meadows look great too.

PM sent to you as well. :applause:

Here are the Mannion Fearless Dawn books...

I messed up before calling them Rescue Dawn...it's Fearless.

They are now published in the USA by Asylum Press.

I found my info about these as well on the print run.

It turns out there are only 300 of each of these and not 500.

Here's #1

RescueDawn1.jpg

Proving what I have always known that "BIKINIS" are truly the international language.

RescueDawn4.jpg

So is that a Serbian comic that is translated to English, or the other way around? I got my hands on a preview for that quite a while back and was pretty impressed with it.

Well Steve Mannion is from New Jersey.....so I assume it's an American written comic...but it was published in Serbia in Serbian at least 2 years before it came out in the states. So I don't know what that means.

Hey Chris,

Just curious, are the other books smaller like the WD ones or are they "normal" size?

All the comics are the same size as Serbian Walking Dead except for Liberty Meadows which is American Magazine sized, meaning they fit perfectly into a magazine size bag and board.

(thumbs u Thanks! That's exactly what got me thinking. The Liberty Meadows scans you put up looked larger. Got me thinking about the others too.

How come Serbian variants are so hot when others (like euro/german/italian variants are not? O.o

I think it's because The Walking Dead books were Serbian and that's where the interest started here on the boards.

It's probably by title, instead of country. (shrug)

If there was a euro/german/italian variant of The Walking Dead I'd want to buy them too.

How come Serbian variants are so hot when others (like euro/german/italian variants are not? O.o

I think it's because The Walking Dead books were Serbian and that's where the interest started here on the boards.

It's probably by title, instead of country. (shrug)

If there was a euro/german/italian variant of The Walking Dead I'd want to buy them too.

And the funny thing about that is, no one ever talks about how these are flip books with Invincible.

I mean they are also technically ultra limited copies of Serbian Invincible #1 through 13, with impossible to get variants of Serbian Invincible #2 and #10.

That leads me to believe it's the title for now, but if invincible ever gains the same cult following or a movie or a TV show you'll probably see people slabbing these with the other cover in front. lol

And the funny thing about that is, no one ever talks about how these are flip books with Invincible.

Didn't you just talk about it? T-shirt on the way.

im_nobody_nobodys_perfect_therefore_im_perfect_tshirt-p235579669269234696t5tr_400.jpg

Thanks for noticing. :luhv:

Because board members are buying & selling them to each other :whistle:

lol , I am sure a lot of sales are here on the boards, but I have sold a bunch of these outside of the boards too.

There are actual reasons for why they are hot compared to the German books though.

German Hulk 181 sells at a pretty brisk rate...and that had a 1500 copy print run and is from a country that is far easier to get them from than Serbia or Croatia (for various reasons). As well the Hulk 181 doesn't look different, has no new artwork, or cover..just translated cover blurbs when you look at it on the stands.

While the Serbian books have print runs of 50 to 500 on titles people like to collect with lots of new covers, hard to find variants, a novelty size, and some real difficulty in tracking them down.

Kind of like the European Batman Blank cover limited to 555. Getting one of those under $100 is just a fond memory. A tiny print run, a unique look from American counter parts, and something that fans really like.

My favorite cover of the entire run

RescueDawn5.jpg

Wow I am loving the covers to these! never heard of this series before I may have to give them a try. Are these the same covers as on the American versions?

That one is, some of the others I have never seen before, but I haven't been keeping up with the book either. I can say that the cover art is not a false advertisement, it's illustrated throughout just as well. My preview copy was B&W, I don't know if the series is color or not. It looks great in B&W though.