• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Took some new pics of the Geppi Museum...

37 posts in this topic

I try to go once a year, so I went yesterday with two friends. We went around 11am, and the place was empty! Kind of odd seeing as how there was an anime convention with around 30 thousand people next door.

Anime conventioneers going to a museum? :roflmao:

btw...."Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about a science book

Don't know much about the french I took"

Mr. Cooke.

:cloud9:

I try to go once a year, so I went yesterday with two friends. We went around 11am, and the place was empty! Kind of odd seeing as how there was an anime convention with around 30 thousand people next door.

I dunno, I got two of them to go with me!

In all fairness, even most of the people who attend the Baltimore Comic Con have no idea the museum is even there.

It is in an odd spot...right next to Camden Yards, but pretty far from the main Inner Harbor foot traffic. Guess they thought they'd get lots of visits during O's games?

I was there for Father's Day (my daughters treated me :luhv:), and the place was empty then too. Too bad, because it's just crammed full of cool stuff and every generation will remember owning something in there. Two standout exhibits were the mechanical banks and the 50's Western room.

I did think the Action #1, Detective #27 and All-American #16 looked like they had reproduction covers...the pages were pretty tan and the covers were in much better shape than what I could see of the interiors.

NTTB...greetings everyone!

I can't remember who it was here,

but that Garloo toy is a collectors dream toy to find for sale because they are

so rare to find in complete working order with the box.

4261035612_2a6285bbb1.jpg

I think that toy can pick up items 3-4 lbs, which is pretty impressive for it's time

for a toy.

(thumbs u

I try to go once a year

:applause:

We went around 11am, and the place was empty! Kind of odd seeing as how there was an anime convention with around 30 thousand people next door.

:(

Great pics, really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing Lauren (thumbs u

I dunno, I got two of them to go with me!

In all fairness, even most of the people who attend the Baltimore Comic Con have no idea the museum is even there.

:jokealert:

Having once gone to an anime con :P , I'd say those folks are far too geeky for a comic museum.

Having once gone to an anime con :P , I'd say those folks are far too geeky for a comic museum.

Zing!