• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Positive eBay Experience.

17 posts in this topic

eBay bashing threads are as common as muck lately, so I thought I'd throw a spanner into the works.

I sold a run of books recently through eBay on a BIN, and as it was only the second BIN I'd set I rushed and packed the books and got them out. In my elation at my BIN win, I completely forgot that I'd stored a signed card in the bag and board of one of the books as it was relevant to the title. It was two days after the books shipped that I realised.

I thought I'd seen the last of the card, I mean what eBay buyer would own up to actually having received it? I emailed the buyer anyway in the faint hope he'd be good enough to return it.

I received a mail back the same day from the guy saying he'd noticed the card and would ship it back ASAP. The morning after the card came through, packed brilliantly. I thanked the guy profusely and told him to take 10% off any future eBay auction win/BIN.

I know it's no great shakes, but after all the negative eBay threads, I thought it would be nice to throw a positive one out there.

eBay bashing threads are as common as muck lately, so I thought I'd throw a spanner into the works.

I sold a run of books recently through eBay on a BIN, and as it was only the second BIN I'd set I rushed and packed the books and got them out. In my elation at my BIN win, I completely forgot that I'd stored a signed card in the bag and board of one of the books as it was relevant to the title. It was two days after the books shipped that I realised.

I thought I'd seen the last of the card, I mean what eBay buyer would own up to actually having received it? I emailed the buyer anyway in the faint hope he'd be good enough to return it.

I received a mail back the same day from the guy saying he'd noticed the card and would ship it back ASAP. The morning after the card came through, packed brilliantly. I thanked the guy profusely and told him to take 10% off any future eBay auction win/BIN.

I know it's no great shakes, but after all the negative eBay threads, I thought it would be nice to throw a positive one out there.

Gav,

good to hear and I got many positive Ebay experiences in the past few months...and ironically mostly from Canadian and UK buyers hm

I listed a book with BIN and within 2 minutes, someone bought it :o and even before I can send out and invoice..I received payment for the book plus $50 for the shipping cost to the UK. I offer free shipping to the US but I ask all non US buyers to ask me for exact cost first so they know up front the total cost...but not this time.

Needless to say, I ship the book out half an hour later and refunded the extra money that I didn't need for shipping. The buyer was trill that I did that.

I have another buyer from Canada that bought multiple times so the last time, he emailed me directly that if I want to sell the books directly to him outside of Ebay, he is fine with that. Since he has bought and paid a few times..I felt I can trust him so I suggested that I can sell them any books he want less half of the Ebay fee so it is a win win...shockingly, he declined my offer and paid full BIN prices on a bunch of more books and told me to keep the Ebay fees saving for myself.

Treat people well, ask for a reasonable price, ship it out fast and safely and you can get a customers for life :applause:

Treat people well, ask for a reasonable price, ship it out fast and safely and you can get a customers for life :applause:

Nail on head Nick.

Funnily enough, this guy was a repeat buyer.

Ive had good and bad experiences on Ebay. But to be a little more realistic, people come here to vent. So when someone gets the skrews, they like to complain and they feel better by not holding it in or maybe dont have anyone to talk to about it. I think it is great that you want to have a positive thread Gav. But people have the right to bellyache, and alot of those threads have saved other people from shopping with the less desirable sellers or avoiding troublesome buyers.

Its a double edged sword.

I thought this was a super experience to share, Gav.

(thumbs u

:gossip: Your buyer was nutured appropriately.

I've had some terrific eBay transactions with a few members on these boards! I can not thank you guys enough! Really makes up for the guy who blocked me and my dad from his auctions and told him off in the same day.

i bought a run of detective comics 500-810, 70% complete, 3 years ago for $200 on ebay. the seller said she'd throw in some extras. well, the books arrived, and 95% were 9.4 or above. only a few were below my grade requirements (no big deal), and among the extras was every issue of batman: death and the maidens (excellent), batman: harley quinn 1st print (who-hoo), a 5 issue robin series, and about 5-10 other batman related books.

one time i bought shock suspenstories #5 on ebay from a guy who had never sold comics before. he got it from his dad. it was a solid Fine. it had a $80 BIN, so i bought it. when the book arrived, i noticed shock suspenstories #6 was on the reverse side of the bag and board! and it was in about the same condition as #5. i emailed the seller, and he wrote me back and said he appreciated my honesty, and that if i wanted, he'd be happy with half of what i paid for the #5. i mailed out a MO that day.

also, the first copy of green lantern #87 (it was about a 9.0, CR-OW, raw) that i bought ended up having a hole cut out of the middle of the back page. i emailed the seller and he not only took the book back, but mailed me another copy that was clearly nicer than what i originally paid for, and had at worst W-OW pages.

wait'll Layman reads this one.

Can't see why it would get his knickers in a twist, it was a Batman Classics card signed by Neal Adams.

:makepoint:

I had a crazy eBay experience where a seller sent the wrong items to 4 different buyers and we all shipped the items to their rightful owners and everything turned out hunky dory. (thumbs u

I sent the wrong items to two buyers - one here in Australia and one in the US. Aftera few emails I refunded their money in full (after all I had no control over what happened at this point). But both of them sent the books to the other (even though one of them by this point was sitting on a $150 windfall) and then paid me without me asking. There are lots of good people out there.