• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'X-Men: First Class' Director Changes Movie Because Of 'Inception'

16 posts in this topic

Thought this was interesting...

Director is changing scenes because a lot of what was planned is similar to scenes in Inception.

"According to "X-Men: First Class" director Matthew Vaughn, a recent viewing of the blockbuster Christopher Nolan film forced him to change his own movie because of similarities to "Inception's" surreal, zero-gravity, rotating-room fight scenes.

Vaughn explained his changes to the L.A. Times: "I saw 'Inception,' which I loved, but my heart sank when I saw that a few of the ideas we had were up [on the screen]. So it's either leave it in and look as if you're copying or change things. We completely ripped out about 12 pages of the -script and the storyboards."

story

Funny, I saw inception and started thinking of Fred Astaire dancing on the ceiling.

Tossing out 12 pages of -script is a big chunk, but I can see why they would want to avoid the appearance of just ripping off a recent hit.

In that same article,Nolan "borrowed" an idea that came from a Scrooge McDuck comic!

donald_duck_inception.jpg

So Raiders of the Lost Ark opening scene comes from a Donald Duck book and Inception from Scrooge McDuck. We need to start a thread for all the Duck ideas that found their way into other projects.

forced him to change his own movie because of similarities to "Inception's" surreal, zero-gravity, rotating-room fight scenes.

Dammit, there goes the Danger Room. :frustrated:

forced him to change his own movie because of similarities to "Inception's" surreal, zero-gravity, rotating-room fight scenes.

Dammit, there goes the Danger Room. :frustrated:

Actually, the Danger Room made an appearance already in the X-Men movies, so it wouldn't be "copying" per se.

I don't care what changes they make just as long as the movie doesn't suck big time 2c

+1 (thumbs u

In all honesty I can't see why they need to change anything unless they are lacking confidence in their ability to make a great movie. Similarities to other films aren't a problem, surely if they can better or add their own spin on them in some way (shrug)

Blah, keep it. These movies are have different audiences and as long as it isn't filmed the same way, it can be good.

Well its going against Green Lantern,Thor,Pirates of the Carribean 4,Kung Fu Panda 2,Hangover 2 and Cars 2. Prognosis is this will be killed at the box office and will be the lowest grossing X-men movie to date, a silver lining is maybe it will do so bad box officewise that FOX will give the rights back to Marvel/Disney. (thumbs u

I think the New X-Men movie will bomb, marking the implosion of the comic-book movie.

Then Christopher Nolan will do the 3rd Batman film, and everyone will be back on board.

One of the problems with this project is that Fox is rushing production so that the rights to X-MEN doesn't revert to Disney/Marvel. For that reason, I don't think it's gonna be as good as it could be. 2c