• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 50 shenanigans on Pedigree?

529 posts in this topic

I think the person who started this thread should probably go back and adjust the first post to reflect the facts:

1. The sale is legitimate, I have seen the payment as with all Pedigree sales

2. The buyer is selling it because of a number of reasons

3. Doug is not charging his usual commission on this

4. I know the parties involved

Don't think anything more needs to be said.

Thank you. Perhaps this thread can now be deleted?

Mood swings :baiting:

I'll give you that one.

If you take the ice pack out of your pants, it dramatically enhances the swinging :blush:

Why would the thread need to be deleted? (shrug)

Because the accusations were way off base and the mess storm that followed was completely unneccesary?

Which is why I edited my post. The mess storm that followed wasn't a mess storm. It looked to me like people discussing ethics in comics. Your definition of mess storm must differ from mine.

Just thought I would let everyone know, I was the owner/seller of the FF #50 9.4 ow. It did sell for 1340.00 and I did receive payment for it from Doug. Evidently the new owner thought it was an upgrade candidate at first, but changed his mind and relisted it. No conspiracies here, folks.

Check out my Kevinm562 FF #3 Registry set. The 9.4 is still on there with pics.

Because the accusations were way off base and the mess storm that followed was completely unneccesary?

Which is why I edited my post. The mess storm that followed wasn't a mess storm. It looked to me like people discussing ethics in comics. Your definition of mess storm must differ from mine.

Well that's certaintly being a bit vague don't you think? Almost as vague as the title of the thread. meh The pot shots at Doug that followed were not necessary. I'm not defending his prior actions but I also like to be fair. Like I said earlier I don't enjoy the constant ripping about his disbarment especially when its sparked by accusations of "shenanigans" that have been proven to be completely false. How would you feel if the tables were turned?

Just thought I would let everyone know, I was the owner/seller of the FF #50 9.4 ow. It did sell for 1340.00 and I did receive payment for it from Doug. Evidently the new owner thought it was an upgrade candidate at first, but changed his mind and relisted it. No conspiracies here, folks.

Check out my Kevinm562 FF #3 Registry set. The 9.4 is still on there with pics.

Welcome to the boards, Kevin!! :applause::hi: Been trying to get you on here for awhile. There's some great people on here, so don't let this thread scare you away!

Well that's certaintly being a bit vague don't you think? Almost as vague as the title of the thread. meh The pot shots at Doug that followed were not necessary. I'm not defending his prior actions but I also like to be fair. Like I said earlier I don't enjoy the constant ripping about his disbarment especially when its sparked by accusations of "shenanigans" that have been proven to be completely false. How would you feel if the tables were turned?

Frankly I'd feel like I got what I deserved. Are you even remotely aware of what he did? The seriousness of it? The disbarment is a HUGE ethical issue. HUGE. Ask the people's whose lives he ruined and completely disrupted how they felt. 48 counts. Please don't dismiss disbarment like it was a retail theft when he was 13.

You mean if the tables were turned and I had gotten disbarred. Then caught trying to intentionally slip a trimmed book past CGC. Then gotten caught manipulating market data at the least, with strong evidence that I'm shilling my auctions as well. And then after all that people assumed anything fishy having to do with me would be viewed in a negative light.

I'd probably think I deserved it given all the previous info, but hey that's just me. :makepoint:

Frankly I'd feel like I got what I deserved. Are you even remotely aware of what he did? The seriousness of it? The disbarment is a HUGE ethical issue. HUGE. Ask the people's whose lives he ruined and completely disrupted how they felt. 48 counts. Please don't dismiss disbarment like it was a retail theft when he was 13.

Brian I'm not downplaying the disbarment at all, my problem if with the how these kinds of threads quickly go down the gutter. Every time one of these threads start people are all to quick to start shooting and then ask questions later, if at all. I'd like to think that most of us would be a little more fair and hear the facts before they start to fling mud, that's all.

You mean if the tables were turned and I had gotten disbarred. Then caught trying to intentionally slip a trimmed book past CGC. Then gotten caught manipulating market data at the least, with strong evidence that I'm shilling my auctions as well. And then after all that people assumed anything fishy having to do with me would be viewed in a negative light.

I'd probably think I deserved it given all the previous info, but hey that's just me. :makepoint:

^^

Read my response to Brian's post please.

This thread did NOT go down the gutter. Accusations were made by me and several others given past history and what we could see at the moment. There was no reason to believe any other info would be forthcoming. Doug has never offered any evidence to his defense. Despite plenty of us asking him to do so. He probably would not have the rep he does now, had he had evidence to support his defense for past transgressions. He always chose to just ignore the problem and hope it goes away.

Evidence was offered that proved this was legit and my original post was edited. The discourse that happened in between was mostly people discussing ethics in the hobby. Nothing wrong with that.