• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 50 shenanigans on Pedigree?

529 posts in this topic

Nothing surprises me anymore about the greed in this hobby.

It's in any hobby where money is involved. Comics is civil compared to some others--I've always heard horror stories about sports cards.

All of my life, since I was a kid, I have been a witness (and a victim) of greedy people in the industry....and I have seen some really bad things. I guess all these experiences have left me a little cynical in regards to the greed factor in this hobby.

Show me an industry or hobby where lots of money is involved that is not affected by greed.

coin collectors are good people.

lol But still, (tsk)

Who is this guy a shill for? That was funny!

I am just always amazed at how the collectors mind works and what they are willing to do to get their fix. I am also a collector and struggle with the same decisions as everyone else. It is a sickness ...

Your mind amazes me.

:signfunny:

It's in any hobby where money is involved. Comics is civil compared to some others--I've always heard horror stories about sports cards.

All of my life, since I was a kid, I have been a witness (and a victim) of greedy people in the industry....and I have seen some really bad things. I guess all these experiences have left me a little cynical in regards to the greed factor in this hobby.

Show me an industry or hobby where lots of money is involved that is not affected by greed.

lol But still, (tsk)

Who knows? Bug, KK, LUXXie, procrustean, Hammer? I don't have super shill detection powers. But if he stays funny, I'm gonna have a hard time hating him.

Who knows? Bug, KK, LUXXie, procrustean, Hammer? I don't have super shill detection powers. But if he stays funny, I'm gonna have a hard time hating him.

It's not crusty. That guy is a square peg in a round toilet paper tube.

Luxxie? No, too timid.

Don't think it's KK. I believe KK is already on here.

I don't recognize Bug or Hammer when they post so I can't comment.

Major Khaos as well.

It sounds to me like he's trying to elude detection though by imitating different people.

hm

It sounds to me like he's trying to elude detection though by imitating different people.

A brilliant plan that only a master-mind could pull off.

I've tried to imitate your posting style, but I can't think that tall.

I've tried to imitate your posting style, but I can't think that tall.

I tried to imitate you but I could only make this one post while my hair was on fir......ADJOmnialjfd/kdakdasmnv......,,,,

lol But still, (tsk)

It isn't any of the above. The posting style doesn't match. I know Luxx's most recent. I think Bug is here, but I'm not sure which one. Who cares about Krusty, KK or Hammer?

I am just always amazed at how the collectors mind works and what they are willing to do to get their fix. I am also a collector and struggle with the same decisions as everyone else. It is a sickness ...

Your mind amazes me.

Sounds like you just want to go into his pants.

I have collected a few different things, but comics has always been #1 so I have more experiences there than others. I'm not saying other hobbies don't have greed, just that I've continually seen some unpleasant things through my life in this hobby....and being repeatedly ripped off as a kid leaves lasting scars.

This thread makes me want to start buying from Doug just to it stick to the holier-than-thou idjits on these boards.

The ready-shoot-aim mentality of this group is pretty amazing.

Mark1, if I were you I would just ignore this thread and move on. There really isn't any point to arguing with people who have already made up their mind and are stuck in anal-cranial loopback.

This thread makes me want to start buying from Doug just to it stick to the holier-than-thou idjits on these boards.

The ready-shoot-aim mentality of this group is pretty amazing.

Mark1, if I were you I would just ignore this thread and move on. There really isn't any point to arguing with people who have already made up their mind and are stuck in anal-cranial loopback.

Yeah, they're a real bunches of , those guys with ethics.

You're not Matt Nelson, are you? (shrug)

I feel my ethics are fine.

I don't spend all of my time castigating people on message boards for some minor infraction of my personal moral code though.

I trust people to make ethical decisions for themselves.

Which are worse people, Mark1 for buying a comic book from some guy you folks don't like, or the people frothing at the mouth making rabid personal attacks on him for doing so?

There are plenty of people on these boards who appear to do plenty of business with Doug, but everyone is piling on the new guy to make themselves feel superior.

PS-- I'm not Matt Nelson. Go *spoon* yourself.

I feel my ethics are fine.

I don't spend all of my time castigating people on message boards for some minor infraction of my personal moral code though.

I trust people to make ethical decisions for themselves.

Which are worse people, Mark1 for buying a comic book from some guy you folks don't like, or the people frothing at the mouth making rabid personal attacks on him for doing so?

There are plenty of people on these boards who appear to do plenty of business with Doug, but everyone is piling on the new guy to make themselves feel superior.

PS-- I'm not Matt Nelson. Go *spoon* yourself.

So robbing from 84 year old grand-mothers qualifies as a 'minor infraction'?

And you feel your 'ethics are fine'?

meh

If somebody knowingly deals with criminals then, in my opinion, their morals become questionable.

And, before anyone asks, no, some people absolutely do not deserve second chances.