• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How high will it go? Hulk #181 CGC 9.8 on ebay

132 posts in this topic

It will be interesting to see if it can hold the $10K barrier. However, since the 9.8s are no longer tied for highest graded CGC copy, and it is so plentiful in high grade, I think this book has some more room to fall.

It will be interesting to see if it can hold the $10K barrier. However, since the 9.8s are no longer tied for highest graded CGC copy, and it is so plentiful in high grade, I think this book has some more room to fall.

Hasn't the 9.9 been in the census/slabbed for like 8+ years,Old Label Book?

9.8 not being highest in census hasn't changed.

(thumbs u

Yeah. That 9.9 has been around almost from the beginning.

Well it's already at 9k, with 9 days left. I bet 15k or so. Just noticed he was "The wolverine" here, never thought of it that way before.

Wonder how much impact there would have been on this book if the art was top tier. No disrespect to the artist(s), but it would have been so awesome if Ernie Chan, or somebody a little slicker would have had a hand in this book.

Well it's already at 9k, with 9 days left. I bet 15k or so. Just noticed he was "The wolverine" here, never thought of it that way before.

Wonder how much impact there would have been on this book if the art was top tier. No disrespect to the artist(s), but it would have been so awesome if Ernie Chan, or somebody a little slicker would have had a hand in this book.

I've often wondered that myself. Adams or Wrightson would have been ideal.

I say the price jumps waaaaaaaaaaay too much with a subtle grade difference (9.4 and 9.6, 9.6 and 9.8, etc.)

I hope it meets his reserve, for the benefit of the seller, but I hope it doesn't go too much higher. I want to eventually get one of these myself hm

On a scam that's now at $510

For some reason my alarm bells are ringing on this book.

Something just doesnt feel right.

:eek:

lol You look at his other auctions? Captain America Comics #11 CGC 9.6, Showcase #4 cgc 8.0, 2 gem mint Jordan rookies and an 8.0 freaking Babe Ruth!! Its like this guy all of a sudden decided to pick the rarest items to scam people with.

Oh and his feedback is 56 with all his feedback being "private"

I can personally guarantee you that this guy doesn't own those comics.

:o

A-1 Comics listed many books I wanted last year, but the owner never responded to any emails so I avoided bidding.

(shrug)

I can personally guarantee you that this guy doesn't own those comics.

:o

A-1 Comics listed many books I wanted last year, but the owner never responded to any emails so I avoided bidding.

(shrug)

Maybe it's just you. :whistle: