• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics 1/1965 thru 12/1969 Complete every issue club!!!

26 posts in this topic

That's amazing Frankie! Congrats!

I'm jealous, I'm not in the club, nor do I have a chance in hell of EVER being in the club. I can't even put together the keys, much less entire runs. :cry:

Thanks bro. I wonder if anyone is collecting towards this type of goal? I talk to a few people on here that have amazing collections. Some people who go full speed on collecting then fall off the map, sell all of there comics because they lost the fire for collecting. I think there has to be other people who have all these comics, or are collecting towards buying them all. But I have not met any of them. (shrug):popcorn:

No Frankie I think its just you who has all these comics, I would be very surprised if anyone could match you for completeness (worship)

I am still out here trying

95% Complete with DC from around 1958 - 2005+

95% complete with Marvel from around 1960 - 2005+

50% complete with everything else from around 1960s- 2000+

You just know that I will never get to be as complete as you with Marvel, as I have no chance of ever completing:-

Millie

Patsy

Most of the western and really obscure stuff.

Most of it is hard where you are, its nonexistent here in the UK

The best I think I will ever get is to finish my TTA & TOS runs and then I think that will be the end of Marvel for me.

DC I just need to win the lottery :ohnoez:

If your that close why don't you just focus on those titles to attempt to complete the runs out? I also have a question. By your numbers. Were you buying every Marvel and DC comic that was published up until 2005? If that's true you are far worst then I am. lol

And as a side note....trying to find the Millie, Pasty, Love type comics and Westerns were some f the most fun I had collecting these. Finding certain issues was a challenge. :cloud9:

I dont focus on the Millie, Patsy stuff because there are not many here in the UK really, the postage from the US is a killer and mainly because I am after lots of books still that I want a lot more than the Love type books.

I was buying everything a lot later than 2005, but my LCS is rubbish and probably didnt carry every title, also I never thought about it until I joined the boards and met you lol so never really looked at it from that point of view.

I stopped buying new Marvel about 3 or 4 years ago and DC at New 52, I have bought most of the New 52 as back issues since then though.

I am not bothered about the Marvel titles I am missing as, I dont have too much interest in them and would rather focus on Atlas, DC, EC, Fiction House etc. and other books that I like, I will however buy them if I come across them, thats just a rarity here in the UK

I was just collecting the longer running titles from Marvel for years. Then Marvel did the renumbering the first time I stuck with it. Then they went back to the old numbering, I stuck with it. The last renumbering I had enough and stopped buying new books all together. That was at least a year ago....maybe longer. Trying to buy every Marvel and DC comic in the early 2000s must of been very expensive. I could not even imagine what your weekly cost was buying everything. :popcorn:

I have a want list for 1/1980 to 3/1985 from Marvel. I have most of the comics from that time....just need a few odds and ends that are pretty low on my priority list. I will post my want list incase someone has a lot and wants to bulk them out to me for cheap. :foryou: You can help me on the road to the 25 years of Marvel thread. lol:wishluck:

1980 thru 3/85

Adventures of Kool Aid Man#3

Amazing Adventures#2-14

Amazing Spider Man and Hulk Austin giveaway #1

Amazing Spider Man and Hulk Denver giveaway #1

Amazing Spider Man and Hulk Houston giveaway #1

Amazing Spider Man and Hulk San Antonio giveaway #1

Amazing Spiderman Danger in Denver #0

Blip #2 4 5 6 7

Conan Annual #9 10

Conan the King #5 12-19

Doctor Strange Classics #2-4

Elecktra Saga #2 4

Fantasy Masterpieces #2-10 14

Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #3 5 9 12 14 16-27

Hulk Annual #13 14

Iron Man Annual #5 7

Kazar (1981) #31-34

Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #1-6

Kull #1 2

Kull #1-3 6-8

Magik #4

Marvel Age #1 6

Marvel Fun and Games #5 6 7 10

Marvel Tales #111-164 166-168 170-172

Micronauts #35 44 45 48 53 54 55 57 58 59

Micronauts Special Edition #1-5

Micronauts New Voyages #4-6

Moon Shadow #1

Off. Handbook of the Marvel Universe #3-5

Off. Marvel try out Book #1

Red Sonya #1-7

Spectacular Spider man Annual #3

Spider Man and his Amazing Friends #1

Spider Man and Power Pack giveaway #1

Spider Man Storm and Power Man giveaway #1

Spider Women #22-26 30-32 36-39 41 42 44-47 49 50

Star Trek #4 5 10 15 17 18

Tales to Astonish #5 7 8 13

Thor Annual #10 11 13

Transformers #3 4

US 1 # 6 10 12

Very Best of Dennis the Menace #1-3

X-Men Classics #1-3

That's amazing Frankie! Congrats!

I'm jealous, I'm not in the club, nor do I have a chance in hell of EVER being in the club. I can't even put together the keys, much less entire runs. :cry:

Thanks bro. I wonder if anyone is collecting towards this type of goal? I talk to a few people on here that have amazing collections. Some people who go full speed on collecting then fall off the map, sell all of there comics because they lost the fire for collecting. I think there has to be other people who have all these comics, or are collecting towards buying them all. But I have not met any of them. (shrug):popcorn:

No Frankie I think its just you who has all these comics, I would be very surprised if anyone could match you for completeness (worship)

I am still out here trying

95% Complete with DC from around 1958 - 2005+

95% complete with Marvel from around 1960 - 2005+

50% complete with everything else from around 1960s- 2000+

You just know that I will never get to be as complete as you with Marvel, as I have no chance of ever completing:-

Millie

Patsy

Most of the western and really obscure stuff.

Most of it is hard where you are, its nonexistent here in the UK

The best I think I will ever get is to finish my TTA & TOS runs and then I think that will be the end of Marvel for me.

DC I just need to win the lottery :ohnoez:

If your that close why don't you just focus on those titles to attempt to complete the runs out? I also have a question. By your numbers. Were you buying every Marvel and DC comic that was published up until 2005? If that's true you are far worst then I am. lol

And as a side note....trying to find the Millie, Pasty, Love type comics and Westerns were some f the most fun I had collecting these. Finding certain issues was a challenge. :cloud9:

I dont focus on the Millie, Patsy stuff because there are not many here in the UK really, the postage from the US is a killer and mainly because I am after lots of books still that I want a lot more than the Love type books.

I was buying everything a lot later than 2005, but my LCS is rubbish and probably didnt carry every title, also I never thought about it until I joined the boards and met you lol so never really looked at it from that point of view.

I stopped buying new Marvel about 3 or 4 years ago and DC at New 52, I have bought most of the New 52 as back issues since then though.

I am not bothered about the Marvel titles I am missing as, I dont have too much interest in them and would rather focus on Atlas, DC, EC, Fiction House etc. and other books that I like, I will however buy them if I come across them, thats just a rarity here in the UK

I was just collecting the longer running titles from Marvel for years. Then Marvel did the renumbering the first time I stuck with it. Then they went back to the old numbering, I stuck with it. The last renumbering I had enough and stopped buying new books all together. That was at least a year ago....maybe longer. Trying to buy every Marvel and DC comic in the early 2000s must of been very expensive. I could not even imagine what your weekly cost was buying everything. :popcorn:

It wasnt cheap, but is nothing compared to my back issue monthly cost at the moment, credit card is over $2000 this month :(

I may have to start selling to fund my buying soon :o:insane:

I have a want list for 1/1980 to 3/1985 from Marvel. I have most of the comics from that time....just need a few odds and ends that are pretty low on my priority list. I will post my want list incase someone has a lot and wants to bulk them out to me for cheap. :foryou: You can help me on the road to the 25 years of Marvel thread. lol:wishluck:

1980 thru 3/85

Adventures of Kool Aid Man#3

Amazing Adventures#2-14

Amazing Spider Man and Hulk Austin giveaway #1

Amazing Spider Man and Hulk Denver giveaway #1

Amazing Spider Man and Hulk Houston giveaway #1

Amazing Spider Man and Hulk San Antonio giveaway #1

Amazing Spiderman Danger in Denver #0

Blip #2 4 5 6 7

Conan Annual #9 10

Conan the King #5 12-19

Doctor Strange Classics #2-4

Elecktra Saga #2 4

Fantasy Masterpieces #2-10 14

Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #3 5 9 12 14 16-27

Hulk Annual #13 14

Iron Man Annual #5 7

Kazar (1981) #31-34

Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #1-6

Kull #1 2

Kull #1-3 6-8

Magik #4

Marvel Age #1 6

Marvel Fun and Games #5 6 7 10

Marvel Tales #111-164 166-168 170-172

Micronauts #35 44 45 48 53 54 55 57 58 59

Micronauts Special Edition #1-5

Micronauts New Voyages #4-6

Moon Shadow #1

Off. Handbook of the Marvel Universe #3-5

Off. Marvel try out Book #1

Red Sonya #1-7

Spectacular Spider man Annual #3

Spider Man and his Amazing Friends #1

Spider Man and Power Pack giveaway #1

Spider Man Storm and Power Man giveaway #1

Spider Women #22-26 30-32 36-39 41 42 44-47 49 50

Star Trek #4 5 10 15 17 18

Tales to Astonish #5 7 8 13

Thor Annual #10 11 13

Transformers #3 4

US 1 # 6 10 12

Very Best of Dennis the Menace #1-3

X-Men Classics #1-3

A lot of rubbish in that list Frank, it would break my heart to have to buy those especially the Marvel Tales full of reprints when you have all the originals :cry:

I probably have a few duplicates on that list but the postage would make it not worth it to ship them

A lot of rubbish in that list Frank, it would break my heart to have to buy those especially the Marvel Tales full of reprints when you have all the originals :cry:

I probably have a few duplicates on that list but the postage would make it not worth it to ship them

100% agree! lol. That's why I have not been trying to collect any of them aggressively. Bunch of quarter box fodder. :sick: But of course I still want them. lol

100% agree! lol. That's why I have not been trying to collect any of them aggressively. Bunch of quarter box fodder. :sick: But of course I still want them. lol

I feel your pain brother lol