• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics 1/1965 thru 12/1969 Complete every issue club!!!

26 posts in this topic

You are working the opposite way of me. I've been putting together a set of Marvel 1961 - 1965 comics in CGC 8.0 or better over the last two or three years and as I get closer to finishing am thinking of moving on to the 1966 - FF102.

Congrats on finishing your latest goal

You are working the opposite way of me. I've been putting together a set of Marvel 1961 - 1965 comics in CGC 8.0 or better over the last two or three years and as I get closer to finishing am thinking of moving on to the 1966 - FF102.

Congrats on finishing your latest goal

Wow :o ...CGC 8.0 or better. Collecting those in 3.0 to 5.0 is costing me enough! Cant even imagine 8.0s or better. What do you still need? Are you collecting just main stream super hero stuff...or are you also doing the Milles and Patsys in 8.0..I cant imagine you finding many of them out there. PM me your Want List..I would like to see what you still need. I am down to needing 180 books from that time frame.

Marvel Silver Age Want List Starting 11/61

Amazing adult fantasy #6-14

Amazing Spider Man #3 4 5 8 11 17

Fantastic Four # 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 14 15 19 23 24 25 29

Gun smoke western (Have #57 67) #70

Hulk #1 4 5

Journey into Mystery #73-82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 105 107 110

Kathy #3 8 9 #14

Kid Colt #102

Life with Millie #9 #13 16

Linda carter student nurse #2 3 4 5 9

Love Romances (have #83 90 93 94 95) #97 98 99 101-106

Mllie the Model #102 106 107 108 109 120 123 an#1

Modeling with Millie #33

Pasty and Hedy #81 84

Pasty Walker (Have #65 78 79 92 94 95 96 97) #98 100 112 114

Rawhide Kid #1-6 8-14 #18 20 22 24 27 32

Strange Tales #90-100 101 103 104 107 111 114 115 annual # 1 2

Tales of Suspense #23-32 34 35 36 37 38 40 45 47 48 49 52 53 55 60

Tales to Astonish # 25 26 27-49 51 52 54 57 59 60

Teen Age Romance (Have # 77 79 81) #85

Two Gun Kid (Have 1 50)

Been over three years. I can now widen the club to every Marvel comic published from 1/1960-12/1979. :cloud9: Can anyone else join me? :sumo:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6715953&fpart=1

If not I will bump this in three more years. lol

Been over three years. I can now widen the club to every Marvel comic published from 1/1960-12/1979. :cloud9: Can anyone else join me? :sumo:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6715953&fpart=1

WOW NICE!!

What's the next venture?

WOW NICE!!

What's the next venture?

Thanks bro. Need two more comics to have everything from 1959. Then chip away at other 1950s title forever. :sick:

I was about 6 easy issues of X-Men away from this club once. Then I sold a bunch of stuff to put a down payment on my first house. I'm still complete on the really good titles, tho.

I did not know you were interested in the Patsy Walker and Millie the Model titles.

That's amazing Frankie! Congrats!

I'm jealous, I'm not in the club, nor do I have a chance in hell of EVER being in the club. I can't even put together the keys, much less entire runs. :cry:

Thanks bro. I wonder if anyone is collecting towards this type of goal? I talk to a few people on here that have amazing collections. Some people who go full speed on collecting then fall off the map, sell all of there comics because they lost the fire for collecting. I think there has to be other people who have all these comics, or are collecting towards buying them all. But I have not met any of them. (shrug):popcorn:

I'm jealous, I'm not in the club, nor do I have a chance in hell of EVER being in the club. I can't even put together the keys, much less entire runs. :cry:

Thanks bro. I wonder if anyone is collecting towards this type of goal? I talk to a few people on here that have amazing collections. Some people who go full speed on collecting then fall off the map, sell all of there comics because they lost the fire for collecting. I think there has to be other people who have all these comics, or are collecting towards buying them all. But I have not met any of them. (shrug):popcorn:

No Frankie I think its just you who has all these comics, I would be very surprised if anyone could match you for completeness (worship)

I am still out here trying

95% Complete with DC from around 1958 - 2005+

95% complete with Marvel from around 1960 - 2005+

50% complete with everything else from around 1960s- 2000+

You just know that I will never get to be as complete as you with Marvel, as I have no chance of ever completing:-

Millie

Patsy

Most of the western and really obscure stuff.

Most of it is hard where you are, its nonexistent here in the UK

The best I think I will ever get is to finish my TTA & TOS runs and then I think that will be the end of Marvel for me.

DC I just need to win the lottery :ohnoez:

No Frankie I think its just you who has all these comics, I would be very surprised if anyone could match you for completeness (worship)

You just know that I will never get to be as complete as you with Marvel, as I have no chance of ever completing:-

Millie

Patsy

The best I think I will ever get is to finish my TTA & TOS runs and then I think that will be the end of Marvel for me.

If your that close why don't you just focus on those titles to attempt to complete the runs out? I also have a question. By your numbers. Were you buying every Marvel and DC comic that was published up until 2005? If that's true you are far worst then I am. lol

And as a side note....trying to find the Millie, Pasty, Love type comics and Westerns were some f the most fun I had collecting these. Finding certain issues was a challenge. :cloud9:

Millie

Patsy

If your that close why don't you just focus on those titles to attempt to complete the runs out? I also have a question. By your numbers. Were you buying every Marvel and DC comic that was published up until 2005? If that's true you are far worst then I am. lol

And as a side note....trying to find the Millie, Pasty, Love type comics and Westerns were some f the most fun I had collecting these. Finding certain issues was a challenge. :cloud9:

I dont focus on the Millie, Patsy stuff because there are not many here in the UK really, the postage from the US is a killer and mainly because I am after lots of books still that I want a lot more than the Love type books.

I was buying everything a lot later than 2005, but my LCS is rubbish and probably didnt carry every title, also I never thought about it until I joined the boards and met you lol so never really looked at it from that point of view.

I stopped buying new Marvel about 3 or 4 years ago and DC at New 52, I have bought most of the New 52 as back issues since then though.

I am not bothered about the Marvel titles I am missing as, I dont have too much interest in them and would rather focus on Atlas, DC, EC, Fiction House etc. and other books that I like, I will however buy them if I come across them, thats just a rarity here in the UK