• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you pay for a comic collecting web site?

Would you pay for a comic collecting web site?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for a comic collecting web site?

16 posts in this topic

What I mean by a comic collecting site is a site that helps you inventory, organize and track prices of your comics.

Only if it linked to GPA for the graded prices...

What I mean by a comic collecting site is a site that helps you inventory, organize and track prices of your comics.

are you pimping CCL subscriptions (shrug)

I run and own ComicsInventory.com and I'm just trying to figure out if what I'm doing with the site is the right thing. I just want to provide tools for collectors to help them make sense of there collections. I want to make sure I'm going down the right path or the wrong one....thats all.

I don't want to push anyone to do anything. If you like it and its useful thats great. If you don't want to use it...thats fine too.

Only if it linked to GPA for the graded prices...

I tried contacting GPA to see if they offered this as a service but no go.

There pretty tight on there data. I'v also contacted other price data

companies like Overstreet but everyone is either not interested in providing there

data as a service or don't want to sell there data for consumption.

I'm not really interested in being another source for price data. Lord knows we have enough conflicting information when it comes to comic price data. But if thats what the users want then I'm going to need to jump into the scene.

I have Collectorz pro and the iPhone version. Is all I need in the palm of my hand and great when going to comic cons. An online version is to limited for me and not something I would pay for. Collectorz also has an online version, but I don't have that one.

ComicBookRealm.com

Fast, friendly, fun, free. :cloud9:

That is exactly what I don't want to be. They are more like a myspace for casual collectors, with ads flashing everywhere and a very hap hazard interface.

Yea, those TWO ads sure annoy the bejezuz outta me meh

I have Collectorz pro and the iPhone version. Is all I need in the palm of my hand and great when going to comic cons. An online version is to limited for me and not something I would pay for. Collectorz also has an online version, but I don't have that one.

What do you think is limiting about an online version?

Thanks for responding.

ComicBookRealm.com

Fast, friendly, fun, free. :cloud9:

That is exactly what I don't want to be. They are more like a myspace for casual collectors, with ads flashing everywhere and a very hap hazard interface.

Yea, those TWO ads sure annoy the bejezuz outta me meh

Hey thats how they make money off the site, thats fine for them. I'm just not a fan

of ad based sites.