• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McDonalds Condemned For Marvel Happy Meals

73 posts in this topic

Man are they gonna be pissed when the Walking Dead Happy Meal gets released.

lol And has a button that growls"Brains!!"

It wasn't a giveaway toy but Toy Biz once released a Venom figure that said, "I want to eat your brain"

Political correctness has ruined society :ohnoez:

Well, I fail to see how politically correct has anything to do with this. Maybe morality gets confused for politicalness?

These people really do have too much free time. I don't find McDonalds at fault, I find the parent's who have a problem saying no to their child at fault.

Isn't the real crime here that people let their kids eat McDonalds food?

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Parents are responsible and as a parent we limit how often our kids eat there.

Once in a while is a treat. Too often is a disservice to your children.

I think people are missing the point and getting tangled up with the various levels of unhealthy food. I realize that the golden arches are evil incarnate and will rip up your X-men, but forget for a moment what the name of the restaurant is.

It's the idea that a group is upset at a Thing toy for saying "It's Clobbering Time". doh!

I think people are missing the point and getting tangled up with the various levels of unhealthy food. I realize that the golden arches are evil incarnate and will rip up your X-men, but forget for a moment what the name of the restaurant is.

It's the idea that a group is upset at a Thing toy for saying "It's Clobbering Time". doh!

+1

That's the idea I got from reading it. They didn't even mention the food or health at all. My favorite line from the article is that they are selling a toy that's "The Human Torch. A man on fire."

:roflmao:

Super Size Me the movie did change my view of McDonalds in general however.

I don't know how he did it without having a heart attack :sick:

I got sick just watching that movie :sick: :sick:

Remember the dude woke up with chest pains.... :eek:

Girlfriend complained he couldnt do his duties.... :cry:

AND his doctor and nutritionist begged him to quit 1/2 way thru. :eek:

You guys realize there was a similar movie where someone did the same thing - ate at McDonalds every day for a month - and lost weight and was very healthy.

When you go to a restauraunt no one shoves the unhealthy food down your throat. McDonalds is not evil, they just have dumb customers.

It wasn't a giveaway toy but Toy Biz once released a Venom figure that said, "I want to eat your brain"

I still have two of those!! My brother, who abhors comics, thought it was the funniest thing ever.

A kid would have to be dumb to want to light himself on fire, or to smash something based on what a fictional character says.

America is filled with the land of the free, the freedom to complain and sue everyone for dumb . Release these toys in Europe, you think that anyone would care about that stupid letter. lol

I still have two of those!! My brother, who abhors comics, thought it was the funniest thing ever.

I still have mine too. Several of them in fact. Batteries no longer work. :(

I'm going to check mine. :whee:

Sounds cool. I never heard about those. Can you change the batteries on those or are you just out of luck?

Sounds cool. I never heard about those. Can you change the batteries on those or are you just out of luck?

On the ones I have, I would have to take them out of the plastic clamshell holders that they were packaged in. Something tells me, though, as small as the figures were, that the batteries were custom and not replaceable. That's just a guess though. I think they came out in 1991. There was a big to-do about the "I want to eat your brain" thing, and the rumor was that they were recalled and replaced with something more tame ("I want to punch your face?"), thereby making the ones that I had soon to be worth a small fortune. It didn't work out for me, though.

I think our point is that THEY are missing the point ;)

On the ones I have, I would have to take them out of the plastic clamshell holders that they were packaged in. Something tells me, though, as small as the figures were, that the batteries were custom and not replaceable. That's just a guess though. I think they came out in 1991. There was a big to-do about the "I want to eat your brain" thing, and the rumor was that they were recalled and replaced with something more tame ("I want to punch your face?"), thereby making the ones that I had soon to be worth a small fortune. It didn't work out for me, though.

:sorry: it wasn't worth the small fortune you were hoping for. lol It still sounds like a cool collectors item.

They need to start a campaign called "Go outside and play!"

Followed by a campaign for the uptight parents called "Go get laid."

I have a feeling that the people upset by this are the crotchety old spinsters with dusty wombs that don't actually have kids but want to raise yours. That's usually the case.