• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PEP #22 COVERLESS ON EBAY GOES FOR $3356! WOW!

35 posts in this topic

Pep #22 Mile High Copy

Well, it's from the photojournal which means the edges are cropped, so it's tough to say.

that picture is CLEARLY not cropped...i can see the scanner image around the whole book.

It's a scan of a printed image from the photojournal. I think what you're describing is the visible page around the image of the cover.

I don't remember who bought them, but the Church Archie 1 and Pep 22 were sold as a package deal for $100 000. (See Overstreet 28)

Geppi bought 'em.

I bought a lightly restored VG/VG- copy for $5500 in 2001. I ended up returning it as it had some other defects that drove me crazy (staples were too far from the edge) and the paper quality wasn't the greatest.

He relisted it on ebay in 2002 and got like $3500 for it.

Anyway, here's some completed auction info that I used to actively archive for my website:

http://pep.goldcomics.com/MLJ/Ebay_Completed/pep.htm

Enjoy.

I would have to agree, my guesstimate was around 18k to 20k. It will be very interesting to watch when another Pep #22 comes up for auction.

This is definitely the book to have! More and more people are beginning to realize this but they are so rare it makes it almost impossible to locate one!