• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Pre Screen

28 posts in this topic

I would....and I mean this literally...HAPPILY pay the $396 reject fee for ONE 9.9/10 in a 100 book submission.

And even pay the $75 shipping TIMES THREE that I'd be charged, too, for that one slab, and 99 rejects.

HAPPILY.

I would....and I mean this literally...HAPPILY pay the $396 reject fee for ONE 9.9/10 in a 100 book submission.

And even pay the $75 shipping TIMES THREE that I'd be charged, too, for that one slab, and 99 rejects.

HAPPILY.

Really? lol

Well....ok, maybe not THAT much...

The point is, the pre-screen is the best thing since sliced bread.

HAPPILY.

Really? lol

I forget, how much does it cost?

HAPPILY.

Really? lol

No additional slabbing cost, but you have to submit a minimum order I think of 50... But if a book doesn't pass 9.8 they don't charge you the grading fee and send the book with the rest of the 9.8s.

They do charge a fail fee per book, which I think is at $5 now, but it's cheaper than $17 for a 9.6 (minus discount).

HAPPILY.

Really? lol

No additional slabbing cost, but you have to submit a minimum order I think of 50... But if a book doesn't pass 9.8 they don't charge you the grading fee and send the book with the rest of the 9.8s.

They do charge a fail fee per book, which I think is at $5 now, but it's cheaper than $17 for a 9.6 (minus discount).

Did the fail fee go up since March? hm

Yes, the min is 50, but you can split it up if you'd like (say, 20 at 9.4 and 30 at 9.8), but they say "large blocks", so whatever that means. All the books on one invoice/form have to be the same level.

They do charge a fail fee, but if a certain number passes (they won't give out what that number/percentage is, though at NGC it's 60%...and every one of my pre-screens has exceeded that requirement), they won't charge for the remainder. I.e., you sub 50 for pre-screen, and 47 pass, you won't be charged for the other 3. If you sub 50 and 36 passed, you'll be charged fo sho.

HAPPILY.

Really? lol

Did the fail fee go up since March? hm

Yes, the min is 50, but you can split it up if you'd like (say, 20 at 9.4 and 30 at 9.8), but they say "large blocks", so whatever that means. All the books on one invoice/form have to be the same level.

They do charge a fail fee, but if a certain number passes (they won't give out what that number/percentage is, though at NGC it's 60%...and every one of my pre-screens has exceeded that requirement), they won't charge for the remainder. I.e., you sub 50 for pre-screen, and 47 pass, you won't be charged for the other 3. If you sub 50 and 36 passed, you'll be charged fo sho.

I don't know, I think fail fee did go up recently... And the other thing is - I submit so many books it's hard to see if I get charged it even if the ratio is high. Right now I just got 160 book submission graded, looks like 156 of them are 9.8 or higher... So that's 4 fails out of 160... :acclaim: But I'm sure they'll still charge the fails.

I need to better with my accounting. hm

I think BeachBum is right about getting charged on all fails even if it is a small token. While my % fail is around 10%, the failed books were charged $4 per book($4 was for bronze as of my last submission back in July). I typically submit at least 100 books each time since I can drop off/pick up in person and I was told in person that my fails will get charge even if it is less than 10%.

Yeah, I just took a look at my recent charges. It looks like $3-$4 per fail. I hover around 96 - 97% success rate, but still get charged the few fails. If I have a 89 for 90 sub, I still get charged the 1 fail it seems.

Yeah, I just took a look at my recent charges. It looks like $3-$4 per fail. I hover around 96 - 97% success rate, but still get charged the few fails. If I have a 89 for 90 sub, I still get charged the 1 fail it seems.

heh...looks like CGC took out the "I subbed 50 and 46 passed" example, but left IN the "I subbed 50 and 6 passed", evidenced by the "in this case" verbage which remained unchanged.

The implication that you will not be charged a reject fee if a certain number pass is still there, but now it's only an implication...clever...

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/prescreen.asp

I'd still call, though. NGC's pre-screen allows a 40% failure rate to not be charged.

Rejection fee is $5/book now...just called

I thought it was... hm

I could complain, but why bother. I just got 4 9.9s and a 10.0 on this current subbed graded... And they are not IDWs or other independants... all Marvel :cloud9:

I just got 4 9.9s and a 10.0 on this current subbed graded... And they are not IDWs
:cry:

...but congrats on the score of minty books. :applause:

You have a great eye for detail.

lol

... really sensitive with the IDWs ;)