• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Green Lantern 29 (More pics added)

10 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I've never posted one of these threads before, mostly because I don't have a scanner, but I'm hoping that the grading experts can work from my pics. I know that it will be very, very ball park. I can tell you that the book is extremely clean and the worst defect by far is the ULC. Which appears to be a bindery tear. I plucked this book from a box last weekend and was stunned by how nice. I got exactly one decent pic before the battery went dead on my camera, so I'll post more pics tonight. Any advice on what may be needed picture wise to help grade would be appreciated. (I'll post a back and a ULC pic tonight.) Thanks so much for any opinions.

P1340508.jpg

P1340507.jpg

P1340510.jpg

P1340509.jpg

P1340512.jpg

P1340511.jpg

Great book. It's reminiscent of all those "unrestored" silver age beauties that robojo has over on eBay. ;) It looks like it could even be a 9.0.

Did you pluck it from a box of your own, or a shop somewhere? It's definitely an underrated semi-key... First appearance of Black Hand, correct?

Great book. It's reminiscent of all those "unrestored" silver age beauties that robojo has over on eBay. ;) It looks like it could even be a 9.0.

Did you pluck it from a box of your own, or a shop somewhere? It's definitely an underrated semi-key... First appearance of Black Hand, correct?

I plucked it out of a dealer box at a Con. In hand, the spine ticks are almost imperceptible and NCB. I really think it will make 9.2, but I wanted an unbiased opinion. It was a well known dealer and known to be a straight shooter, albeit a throwback who isn't a fan of slabbing. It's headed to Sarasota, so we'll see. Also got this one, almost as nice.

P1340506.jpg

Any advice on what may be needed picture wise to help grade would be appreciated. (I'll post a back and a ULC pic tonight.) Thanks so much for any opinions.

Taking pics straight-on with less glare is probably the way to go. Right now the spine is blown out with light and it's hard to see much detail. I'd guess around 9.0 from what I can see though (pending photo of the back cover). Nice one!