• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*CLOSED* Mike Champion Sketch Cover Opportunity Round Two

34 posts in this topic

Hey, gang! I'll be attending the Chicago Comic-Con next week (Table 3600 in Artist Alley). I'm currently offerring a limited sketch opportunity; I have several blanks available, and will draw the character(s) of your choice, get them graded at the con, and ship to your location. Although I can't guarantee the final grade, all books are in excellent condition. Prices are as follow:

Single Figure (color): $105

Each Additional Figure: add $10

Simple Background: FREE

Detailed Background: add $10

Excessive Figure detail: add $10 (this generally applies to a figure that takes up the entire cover and has a lot of detail/coloring work)

UPDATE: If you'd like me to use one of your blanks, I can do that as long as I receive them in the mail before next Wednesday, which is when I leave for the con. Also, you do not have to be in attendance at the con to take advantage of this offer. :)

The price includes CGC Signature Series grading and shipping within the US (international is actual cost, PM me for details ) Paypal is preferred. Please use the personal option or add 3% if using the standard method. All payments must be received by next Tuesday, August 17 in order to reserve your book. If you plan on attending the con, you still need to reserve your book from me via paypal, but PM me for your total cost.

Blanks I currently have available are as follows:

1 Red Sonja (Dynamite)

1 Dark Avengers

1 Avengers

1 X-Men

3 Heroic Age New Avengers

Any books not pre-sold/pre-paid via paypal will be sold at the con.

Here are a few examples of recent work:

Single Figure, Simple Background - $105 graded and shipped to your door.

Batgirl2_by_MChampion.jpgRed_Sonja_Sketch_Cover_by_MChampion.jpg

Single Figure, Detailed Background (or Single Figure with excessive detail) - $115 graded and shipped to your door.

Enchantress_by_MChampion.jpgPlanet_Hulk_by_MChampion.jpg

2 Figures, Detailed Background - $125 graded and shipped to your door.

Zombie_Infinity_Gauntlet_by_MChampion.jpgMarvel_Zombies_Hulk_by_MChampion.jpg

I'm open to doing just about any characters you can think of. Comics, movies, TV, sports, etc. If you've got a special request, PM me and I'll let you know. You can check out a gallery of my work here:

Michael Champion Deviantart Gallery

To participate, throw up the :takeit: and PM me the details of what you'd like done.

Thanks!

Just a quick update; I'd say that unless you're planning on overnighting your own blank to me, we're down to using the blanks I have in my possession for any more takers. I'm leaving Wednesday morning for Chicago, so Tuesday evening will the cutoff.

Those who have already placed orders will get to see scans of their books Tuesday evening at the latest. You guys have given me some really cool ones to do! :)

I want to thank everyone who participated in this down and dirty, get 'em done quick sketch opp! Doors are closed for now, all books are claimed and we're down to the wire. I'll be posting scans later tonight after I get my daughter to bed, so if you don't see it tonight, it should be posted and waiting for you in the morning. :)

I'll be out of touch on the computer while out of town, so I'll touch base with everyone when I get back next Tuesday (those of you who need to contact me while in Chicago, don't worry, I'll get my contact info to you). :)

Aaaaaannnnddd....I didn't get the scanning done last night! Relatives showed up and kept me distracted from getting the scans done. I'm leaving for Chicago right now; I'm going to pack my scanner and take it with me. When I get settled in to the hotel, I'll get the scans done of the books and get them posted at some point over the next couple of days.

The books are done, though, and they look really cool (a testament to the great ideas you guys hit me with!). I'll provide updates (and those scans!) at some point during the con.

Hope everyone has a great weekend coming up, and I'll be back online at some point in the next couple of days. :)